Sharing Content as a Publisher
Once your publication is published you have a variety of ways to distribute it across your channels. Even though there are millions of readers on Issuu, sharing your content actively is a key element to keep readers up to date as well as introducing your content to new audiences.
There are several methods and formats for sharing your content on Issuu:
- Publication link (document page on Issuu)
- Sharing from a specific page
- Social media share
- Unlisted /private (paid feature)
- QR code
- Fullscreen Reader (paid feature)
- Embeds (paid feature)
Sharing your publication right after Publishing
To share the publication link (known also as a document page on Issuu) go to your publisher workspace and follow the below steps.
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and click the content you would like to share
- Under Share, select Share Links
- Under Share Publication link, click Copy. You can also share the publication directly through your social media channels or email by clicking on any of the buttons below the link.
Once you publish your content, you can share your publication on different social platforms.
Troubleshooting Shared Content Issues on Facebook
There are two reasons why you might be experiencing issues while sharing your content on Facebook
1. Document Not Available
To solve this problem follow below steps:
- Go to the post on Facebook
- From the dropdown menu inside the post, select REFRESH SHARE ATTACHMENT
- Choose SAVE in the bottom right hand corner
- If this doesn’t resolve your problem, remove the post from Facebook, then use Facebook debug tool to clear the cache
- Enter the Issuu document URL, select DEBUG and then FETCH NEW SCRAPE INFORMATION or SCRAPE AGAIN
- Clear your browser cache and history, then restart your browser
- Finally, repost the document on Facebook
2. Improper URL
Another reason your content may not be showing up on Facebook is because the URL ends with underscore (_). If the content is not yours, try reaching out to the publisher to make them aware of the problem by sharing this article. If the content is yours, please follow below steps:
- Change the filename of your content so it does not end with underscore
- Delete the old version from Issuu and upload as a new publication
- Once the new publication is ready on Issuu, go back and follow one of the two sharing methods at the top of this article
Sharing your publication from a specific page
Sharing Publication from a specific page allows you to highlight particular content within your publication.
There are two simple methods for sharing publications from a specific page
- Sharing link after selecting a starting page
- Manually adding page number to the end of the Publication URL
Selecting a Starting Page
While reading Issuu publication:
- Select SHARE below the publication, and then choose the starting page
- Copy and Paste the URL and share
- It will show Publication from the starting page that you have selected
Manually Adding the Page Number
- Copy and paste the URL without selecting the starting page
- After pasting the URL, add the page number at end of the URL (/page number)
After sharing the above publication link, it will display Publication from page number 28.
Fullscreen Sharing (Shareable Full-screen Reader Link)
You can distribute your publication in fullscreen view and share this link through your social media and newsletters. It displays the publication in a beautiful fullscreen view without seeing Related Publications from other publishers. This helps readers to focus only on your content.
To set it up, you can follow the article for Shareable Full-screen Reader Link.
Embed your publication on a website
As a publisher you can embed the publication directly on your website. This way you can keep your readers on your site to flip through your content.
The Embed feature is not available on our Basic plan. It is available only on our paid plans - Starter, Premium and Optimum.
To set it up, you can follow the article for Embed your publication.