How to customize and embed your Issuu publications
Now that you have uploaded your document, you can customize it and improve your readers' experience by embedding it on your website.
Embed feature has plenty of options to customize such as size, background color, logo, and more. Embedding is a great way to engage your readers and appeal to a new audience.
Let us walk you through!
If you want to have an astonishing embed, you can just play around with the features as it suits you best!
1. Go to Publications from the side Navigation Menu and select publication you want to embed.
2. Click on the dropdown menu from the right side and select Embed option or click </> Embed below the reader.
3. Adjust your settings as per your needs.
NOTE: It is possible to customize embeds in fullscreen mode only on Premium and Optimum plans.
4. Click on Get Embed Code button.
After getting the embed code you can add it to your website, CMS, blog, or social channel.
If your Publication is under Draft, then you will not be able to get Embed Code until you Publish your content. As you customize your publication, your Embed Reader will preview automatically the update.
Embed options available on all paid plans
- Background color - You can change the background color of you embed.
- Start page - You can choose the start page of your content while embedding.
- Page layout - You can choose the page layout of you embed as single or double page spread.
- Autoflip - It will autoflip pages of your embedded content.
- Responsive - It will resize your embedded content to fit different devices and screen widths.
Embed options available only on Premium and Optimum plans
- Background color - You can change the background color of your embeds in the fullscreen sharing mode.
Logo - It will help to bring more focus to your business by adding your own company logo in your embed. Logo images are shown only in full-screen and on a shareable full-screen page.
You can also use this website to generate logos - https://postimages.org/
You can use Google drive as well as described here: https://www.lmeservices.com/share-google-drive-files-via-url/
- Background image - You can add a background image. You can either choose to have the picture start from the top left or have it stretched out. Background images are shown only in full-screen and on a shareable full-screen page. Images and logos must be hosted online only in .JPG or .PNG format.
- emove “Flipbook created with Issuu” below the embedded reader.
- how your other publications as “read more” suggestions.
NOTE: We do not offer to license, host, or download our software on any servers other than our own.
If you are using a free version of WordPress, then you can embed only through the publication's URL. If you have a WordPress subscription, then please use the iFrame embed code. You need to paste the embed code on your webpage using the WordPress Editor. Select the "Text" tab from the Editor.
How to embed the publication on your WordPress website
To embed on your WordPress website, you may need to use an embed WordPress plugin. It means that you need a paid WordPress Business or eCommerce account.
Click WordPress embed code
- Once you have the embed code, you can use a plugin that is specifically made for embedding on WordPress (such as Code Embed). See here for more information on how to install plugins on WordPress.
- For specific instructions on how to use the embed code, you will need to reference the details for the specific embed plugin that you are using.
How to embed the publication on your Squarespace website
If you have a Squarespace site, you can easily embed your issuu publication on it.
The friendly folks at Squarespace have created this handy guide on how to embed your issuu publication.