When building great products, it’s important to focus on enhancing the features that users know and love. And with the vast majority of our readers consuming Issuu content on their mobile browsers, we’ve decided to retire our mobile app permanently. By doing so, we’re committed to continuously improve the reading experience across all mobile browsers.
As part of this initiative, the Issuu mobile app (both iOS and Android) is going away as we shift to a web-only version, effective April 17, 2023.
Web-only approach enables us to deliver improvements much faster and ensure a consistently top-notch experience for every reader, every time.
Here are some FAQs to help answer any questions you may have about this change.
- Can I continue to access my account? Do I lose anything?
You can continue to access your account, favorite publications, purchased content, curated stacks, and more from your desktop or mobile browser by simply signing in to issuu.com.
Please note: The content you downloaded using the app is not available on the web version.
- I’ve been using an Apple ID to sign in, but I don’t find that option on issuu.com. How can I sign in?
If you selected “Share my email” to sign up on the Issuu app using your Apple ID, here are the available options to sign in on the web:
- Gmail: If you’ve used the same email address for your Apple ID and Gmail account, you can use the Google sign in option.
- Facebook: If you’ve used the same email address for your Apple ID and Facebook, you can use the Facebook sign in option.
- Forgot Password: You can simply click on ‘Forgot Password’ and follow the instructions to gain access to your account.
If you selected ‘Hide my email’ to sign up on the Issuu app using your Apple ID, you will need to create a new account with Issuu. Since the email address used is randomly generated and masked by Apple, there is no way for us to provide continued access. This means that you will lose access to your account and content.
- I’ve been using the app for offline reading of my purchased content. How can I continue to access it?
If the publisher has enabled downloading, you can simply download the content to your device for offline reading. You can learn more here.
Article is closed for comments.