What are Social Posts?
Social Posts is a feature that will help you create, customize and share engaging social media content to promote your publications.
With this tool, you will be able to create Stories and Posts, download them and share them on your social media. You can use Issuu’s Social Posts templates and edit them with your own images and text.
You can access this feature by clicking the tab Social Posts in the left side menu of your Publisher Home.
Here, you will see your Social Posts library, where you can:
- Create a New Social Post
- Edit your existing Social Post
- Delete your existing Social Post by clicking on the three dot menu on the top right corner of each Social Post
You can also find the publication that you want to create a social post from on your Publication List, and from the drop down on the "more" button click Create Social Post. This will take you to the Social Posts Editor. You will be able to import spreads and images from this particular publication to this Social Post.
The Social Posts feature is also available when you open a publication from your Publications List, and click on Repurpose. You will be able to import spreads and images from this particular publication to this Social Post.
Templates: Here, you can find different templates available to create posts or stories.
- Posts have a dimension of 1080 by 1080 pixels, ideal for sharing as a post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or in your emails.
- Stories have a dimension of 1080 by 1920 pixels, ideal for sharing as a story on Instagram and Facebook.
Click on one of the templates so you can open it and start editing.
If you opened the Social Posts tool through one of your publications, you will see the publication’s images and page spreads here.
If you chose to create a Social Post from scratch, you will not see any publication here. Click on “Select a publication” to choose one of your publications. This will allow you to import spreads and images from the publication and add them to your Social Post.
After selecting your publication, you will be able to add images from it. Navigate to the right side of the screen to see the different pages of your document.
When you select a page spread on the right side, the Publication tab that appears on the left will show the images extracted from those pages. You will also be able to see an image for the whole page spread.
Upload one or several images from your device so you can use them in your stories or posts. Your uploads will be specific for each Story or Post.
Editing your Social Post:
- You can click on the existing image of the Post, and then click on one of the images available (from your Publication or Uploads tab). The image will automatically get replaced.
- You can also remove the existing image of the post (using the Delete key in your keyboard) and then click on the image that you would like to add or drag it into the canvas.
- If you want to add multiple images, select or drag the image that you want to add. It will get added on the canvas.
- Resizing the image: Click on the image to trigger anchors in every corner. Then, you can drag one of its corners to resize it.
- Cropping the image: Click on the image and select the “Crop” button. You will see a clipping mask that you can drag to crop the image in a specific way. You can also drag the image behind the clipping mask to select the cropped area. Once you have selected the area to crop, click on "Done".
- Changing the background color: Click on any area of the background. A Color switch will appear next to the canvas. Select the color and shade you want. The background color will update automatically.
- Adding text: Click on the Text option in the left side menu to add a new text box.
- Editing text: Double click on the text box to rewrite the text and style it.
- Moving text and images: You can click and drag the text and image boxes on the canvas.
- Removing text or images: You can remove the text or the image of your Social Post by dragging it out of the canvas or by selecting it and pressing the "Delete" key on your keyboard. Note that you cannot undo this action.
Downloading your Social Post:
Once your Social Post is ready, you can download it to your device in JPG and PNG format and share it on your social media.
We are currently working on improving this feature and we’d love to hear your feedback! You can leave your comments in this short questionnaire.