The final step in Collaborate is to actually publish your publication.
Please note that the quality of the PDF generated in this final step, will only be as good as the quality uploaded earlier in Step 4. As such, do remember to upload the high-res layout before proceeding to the publishing step.
We have two options for publishing:
- Publishing to Issuu for Digital Distribution
- Publishing to Print
Publishing to Issuu for Digital Distribution
When your layout has been approved, you can publish your publication on Issuu.
Here’s how to publish your publication:
- Click on Publish in the top navigation menu
- Add the title of your publication, a short description and the original publishing date of the document.
- Under Access, you can choose to make your document public or keep it unlisted.
- Choose whether to make your publication available for downloading.
- Finish by clicking PUBLISH
NOTE: You can publish to a different Issuu account by clicking EDIT KEYS at the top of the Publish screen. Here you can add the API key from the new account into the pop-up that appears.
If you have to make changes to a publication, such as updating the layout or an article’s content, you can update the Issuu file by clicking Republish a New PDF to issuu.
Here’s a tip: When choosing this option, your publication will by default be uploaded to the issuu account of the team owner. See the section below for how to change this.
Publishing to Print
You can also download a PDF of your completed publication for printing. Here’s how to do this from the Publish tab in Collaborate:
- Select Generate from the right side of the page. You’ll see a status message informing you that an email will be sent to the team owner with a link to download the file.
- Once the PDF has been generated, a download button will appear in the Publish section as well. You may need to refresh the page to see it.
If there have been any changes to the publication, you can re-generate a PDF to get the latest version.