What is Unlisted Content
- An Unlisted content is excluded from issuu.com search engine and community but is accessible only to those with a document URL
- It gives you an opportunity to test how your content works and looks before it goes live.
- Currently, we do not offer password protection for the Unlisted document URLs. So, we highly recommend, you do not share document URL publicly, as another search engine might discover and index it, effectively making it Public.
- If you want to set your content to Unlisted, every Issuu plan comes with a limited number of free Unlisted documents except Optimum plan. Once you reach that limit, you can subscribe to one of our Unlisted content packages.
Publishing Content as Unlisted
- When you upload content to Issuu, scroll down to Settings, select Unlisted
- Click Publish changes
3. Once the content is published, it will appear in your Publication List. Unlisted content is tagged with a Grey Unlisted mark as shown below
Pricing of Unlisted Content
Each plan includes alongside the unlimited public uploads, 1 unlisted upload. Once the plan limit is reached, you will not be able to upload new Unlisted content as well as view any document beyond the limit, unless you purchase an add-on.
You can find your plan on the Services & Plans Page (you can choose the current one or upgrade/downgrade) and select your desired amount of Unlisted content from the dropdown menu.
For example: To upload 100 Unlisted content, you have to pay $5/month. Once you reach the limit you can always delete some of your Unlisted content or upgrade your plan.
The Unlisted storage package will renew monthly or annually until canceled.
Furthermore, there are several options to create space to upload more Unlisted content to your account:
- Make some of your Unlisted content Public by publishing them.
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and click the Publication you want to make Public
- Scroll down to Settings
- Select Public
- Click Publish changes
- Delete unwanted Unlisted content (that is old or no longer needed) from your account. Please see the article for more information: Delete your Content.
Lastly, once the document is published as Public on Issuu, the content will be live and available for everyone to view. The Public Content can not be changed to Unlisted as it is already indexed by various search Engines.
However, if you still want to make your Public content Unlisted, a workaround would be:
1. Download the document which is made Public and delete it from your Issuu account
2. Change the file name of the document you downloaded. (Filename becomes the part of the document URL)
3. Upload the downloaded document as Unlisted Content. (This will give the content a different document URL and ID)