Visual Stories on Issuu - An Exciting Way to Tell Your Story
Our users can get busy –– we get you. Whether you’re an editor, marketer, content creator, designer, or wearer of many hats, we understand that things can always be made easier. That’s why we’re allowing you to create Visual Stories directly from your Issuu publications.
Visual Stories are animated assets you can use to share on Instagram, Facebook, Snap, and more. Create your content once and share it everywhere with the Issuu Story Cloud.
Issuu helps you convert your brand-approved content into easily shareable assets. Whether it’s a magazine, lookbook, brochure, or other PDF marketing asset, Issuu Visual Stories can convert your content into a highly engaging mobile format in our following Story Styles:
- Voice: Fast-paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and with dynamic text animations, you can now create a strong impact that will both drive followers on social and readers to your publication on Issuu.
- Inspire: Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. This visual story template slows things down and lets the content speak for itself. Therefore your viewers can connect with content at a deeper level. This immersive story template is where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience for your readers.
- Engage: Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Quick Introduction of Visual Story Creation - Short Video
Creating Visual Stories from Publications
- Click on the Visual Story icon in front of your Publication
2. Select Pages for creating stories and click on CREATE VISUAL STORY button
NOTE: By default, Inspire story style is selected. You will be able to change the story style later.
3. Here, you can edit your Visual Story
a) Style - Here, you can change your Story Style
b) Assets - Here, you can edit Assets (Images/Text) of your story
- To edit images, drag and drop the images
NOTE: You can also add images (a JPEG format) from your computer/laptop in Visual Story by clicking on "+" icon.
c) Settings - Here, you can edit story Title and provide story Description
d) Preview - Here, you can Preview your story.
4. You can also move text-boxes as well as images in Visual Story
5. On the right side, you have the option to customize your Visual Story.
- To arrange pages up and down click on
- To add pages click on
- To delete pages click on
NOTE: You can add up to 15 pages in Visual Story.
6. Once you are done with creating Visual Story, click CREATE STORY where you get an opportunity to review Story Information. Once it is reviewed, Click SHARE to share your Visual Story.
7. You can Copy Link, Share on different Social Media options listed, and Download Visual Story as one full video or individual pages.
Creating Visual Stories from Article Stories
- Go to Article Stories
- Select Article Story for which you want create Visual Story
- Click on the Visual Story icon
NOTE: While creating Article Stories at the end of the flow, you will also get an opportunity to create Visual Story.
NOTE: The restrictions for visual stories are: Video should be in mp4 format with a maximum size of 100MB, and images should be in JPEG format with a maximum size of 5MB.
To See Visual Stories
- Once you login to your Issuu account on desktop/web, you will see the Visual Stories list in Publisher Tools Navigation
- Click Visual Stories
- You will see all Visual Stories that you have created from Desktop, your Issuu App (iOS/Android) as well as Visual Stories created using InDesign Story Extension.
- If you haven't Shared/Published Visual Stories, they will appear under DRAFTS
Editing Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- Visual Stories created on Desktop from Article Stories and using InDesign Extension can be editable on Desktop/Web
NOTE: Currently, Visual Stories created from Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) are not Editable on Desktop/Web but you can SHARE and DELETE them.
Sharing and Deleting Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- You can Share/Delete all Visual Stories that you have created.
- Click on the Share icon to share the story.
- When you click on "...", you will see below pop-up.
- Click VIEW LIVE to View your story.
- Click DELETE to delete your story.
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact the respective Social Media Site for the removal of content (Visual Story).
To create Visual Stories from mobile app, please see the article for more information: Visual Stories for Android App and Visual Stories for iOS App and to create Visual Stories from InDesign, please see article for more information: Introduction to Visual Stories Using Adobe InDesign.
NOTE: Currently, we do not support any special characters in Visual Story for example Chinese, Greek, Japanese, Korean etc. Any special characters will not work in Visual Story.
Sharing Visual Stories (at the time of Creation)
Once you create a Visual Story, you can share it on Social Media in different ways.
To share Visual Story:
- Copy and Share Story Link
- Share on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Email, Instagram
To share on Instagram
- Click on Instagram Story
- Scan the QR code with QR Code Reader on your mobile (NOTE: You need to download QR Code Reader on your mobile in order to scan the QR code of Visual Story.)
NOTE: Currently, it is not possible to scan and share visual stories under the GROUP account on mobile apps as it is not possible to access the GROUP account in mobile apps.
3. This is how it will look on your phone
4. Click on Open in Issuu
5. You will see below screen
NOTE: Please make sure you are logged in to the same Issuu account in the mobile app from where you have created this story on the desktop.
From here you can:
- Copy the AMP link to send in email or promote on social media
- Clicking Instagram Story -- you'll be able to send the first panel (page) to Instagram and then add the rest of your pages after
- You can Download the videos. You'll get 6 mp4 videos saved to your camera roll. From your camera roll, you can open your Instagram and upload your 6 mp4 videos to your stories as usual