Issuu supports the ability to manage your content as a team with Groups. All Issuu accounts are by default individual accounts. With the Groups feature you can recreate the Individual account into a Group account and share the workflow with your team.
With the Group account, you set up the admin (owner) who has access to everything, including the Billing and Settings. The rest of the team (regular team members) will have access to everything related to publishing.
NOTE: Remember that the Groups feature works only on desktop and on mobile web, not on the Issuu app.
- On our Premium plan, 3 users (1 Admin/Owner + 2 team members) are included
- On our Optimum plan, 25 users (1 Admin/Owner + 24 team members) are included
If you need more users, please contact us
GROUPS - How does it work?
Example: Imagine you are administering your company account - BikeNow - and you want to give access to the account to your colleagues. You are a Marketing Director Jill and you want your Communications Manager Kyle and an Intern Andy to access the content and do whatever is needed - upload, publish, get codes for embedding, create Fullscreen sharing links, GIFs, Article and Visual Stories - all this can be managed by the team members.
For a step-by-step guide accompanied by screenshots continue below.
Create a Group Account and Admin/Owner Account
1. Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS below your profile image and then select GROUPS to convert your existing Issuu account.
NOTE: When you convert your existing account into a Group account, the web address of your existing account becomes the Group web address.
In this step, you also need to select an email address that will be registered for the Group account to receive updates and newsletters. You won't be using this email to log in.
See that we selected a generic email address email@example.com.
2. From there, you will create the Admin/Owner account for yourself using a different email address to the one you used for the Group account.
Your Admin/Owner account will then be created. Review the information on the page to ensure everything is correct.
NOTE: You will be logging in using the Admin/Owner account. In order to access the Group account, you will simply toggle between these two.
Accessing Group Account
1. It is not possible to access the Group account directly. To access the Group account, you need to login to your Individual account (either the Admin/Owner or a team member) and then switch or toggle to your Group account from the toolbar you get by hovering over the profile image.
Example: From the image below:
- The individual Account name is Jill_Jones which is linked with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Account name is BikeNow which is linked with the email address email@example.com
It is not possible to access BikeNow (Group account) directly. To access this Group account, all members need to log in to their individual accounts. It is Jill_Jones in this case.
2. Only the Admin/Owner of the group account can access Services, Settings, and Billing pages.
Inviting the Other Members
On the Premium plan, you can invite 2 team members. The optimum plan lets you invite 24 team members to manage your Group account.
NOTE: Only Admin/Owner can add new team members.
1. Log in to your Admin/Owner account and switch to the Group account.
2. Go under Account Settings and select Groups.
3. Type in your team member's email address and hit INVITE.
Note: Your team members need to have their individual Issuu accounts before they get the invitation to join the Group account.
4. If your team member doesn't have an Issuu account you can type their email and hit INVITE VIA EMAIL. This will send them a notification to create an Issuu account.
Once they register their Issuu account, type in their email address again. The invitation will be sent.
5. Your team member(s) will receive an email invitation to the Group account. They need to accept the invitation to continue on Issuu and to be able to toggle between their individual and the Group account.
#1 Question: I cannot log in to the Group account, and the password reset doesn’t work. What should I do?
Answer: You do not log in to your Group account directly. There is no password assigned to a Group account. You will need to log into your individual account first and toggle over to the Group account.
#2 Question: I don’t see the Premium features on my individual account.
Answer: Individual accounts invited to the Group account do not get access to paid features on their individual accounts unless the individual accounts have been upgraded to a paid subscription. If the individual member would like to access paid features also on their individual accounts, they will have to upgrade.
If you need to access your Group account that has the paid features you will need to toggle over to the Group account.
#3 Question: If I want to join my company Group account do I need to upgrade to Premium?
Answer: No, invited members do not need to have a paid account. They can create their individual accounts on a free Basic plan.
#4 Question: If I publish something on my individual account will it show up in my Group account?
Answer: Documents published on individual (Admin/Owner or team member) accounts will not show up on the Group account. The user must toggle to the Group account and publish directly through that account in order for it to be shown to everyone in the Group.
#5 Question: I used the wrong email address for the Group account. Also, we need to change the owner/admin of the account to someone else. How can we do that?
Answer: Customers cannot directly change their Group email account from their profile account or change the ownership. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to assist.