Article Story Detection during Document Upload Time
We have come up with a new feature where Article Stories are detected automatically during document upload time. If your publication has table of content, Article Stories will be detected automatically.
While you are waiting for your content to upload, you can fill out information for the content.
Please follow article Uploading Content on Issuu to fill out necessary information for the content.
Once the content is uploaded, you can see auto detected Article Stories for your content on the right hand side of you Publication Workspace.
NOTE: Article Stories will be detected automatically during document upload time only if your document has Table of Content.
- All Article Stories will be selected by default. So if there are Article Stories you don't wish to publish you'll have to deselect the checkbox in-front of the Stories and click on Publish now button. Your content as well as selected Article Stories will get published together.
- If you want to edit auto detected Article Stories, click on Edit icon. You will be redirected to Article Story Editor where you can edit your story.
- If you want to create new Article Story, click on Create new Article Story button where you can select pages of your Article Story and edit story in Article Story Editor. Once you click on SAVE button, newly created Article Story will appear in Publication Workspace to publish together with your content.
NOTE: It is not possible to publish Article Stories for a Draft content.
- If a publication does not have table of content Article Stories will not be detected and you will not see any stories in the Article Stories section. You can however click on Create new Article Story to create Article Stories and publish them together with newly uploaded content.
NOTE: Article Stories will be publicly available even if the Publication is Unlisted or for sale.
Guidelines for successful auto detection of Article Story
The general set of guidelines are:
Make the table of content simple: e.g. <title> <pagenumber> Avoid prefixing page numbers with e.g. pg.
- Keep the layout simple. E.g. one line per entry
- Include the word "Contents" or "Index" on the page containing the table of contents
Use the same font for all table of content entries
Keep the TOC on the same page. We do handle the case where TOC are spread over multiple pages
Use the same headlines for the articles as used in the TOC
Use a larger font for article headlines
Use the same typography throughout the document (same body text size, headline text size etc. also help to improve detection / extraction
Avoid using list of figures / list of advertisers because sometimes it can confuse the algorithm
TIP: To increase the average reads per article, we encourage you to make your article longer than 60 seconds or up to 3 to 8 minutes.