Visual Stories on Issuu - An Exciting Way to Tell Your Story
Our users can get busy –– we get you. Whether you’re an editor, marketer, content creator, designer, or wearer of many hats, we understand that things can always be made easier. That’s why we’re allowing you to create Visual Stories directly from your Issuu publications.
Visual Stories are animated assets you can use to share on Instagram, Facebook, Snap, and more. Create your content once and share it everywhere with the Issuu Story Cloud.
Issuu helps you convert your brand-approved content into easily shareable assets. Whether it’s a magazine, lookbook, brochure, or other PDF marketing asset, Issuu Visual Stories can convert your content into a highly engaging mobile format in our following Story Styles:
- Voice: Fast-paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and with dynamic text animations, you can now create a strong impact that will both drive followers on social and readers to your publication on Issuu.
- Inspire: Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. This visual story template slows things down and lets the content speak for itself. Therefore your viewers can connect with content at a deeper level. This immersive story template is where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience for your readers.
- Engage: Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Please see the article for more information about AMP Stories.
Publish Seamlessly: From Adobe InDesign to Issuu
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Adobe InDesign and Issuu have partnered to enable Seamless Sharing Experience from Document to Social Media Stories to maximize your content sharing and content marketing capabilities.
New Issuu Story Cloud (a suite of story distribution and sharing solutions) and Adobe InDesign integration allows you (Publishers) to easily format social media stories assets pulled straight from your Adobe InDesign documents and share across major Social and Media Platforms. Ready to create your Story?
Creating Visual Stories Using InDesign
1. Open Document in InDesign
2. Under Window -> Extensions, select Issuu - Create a Story
Or Under File --> Issuu - Create a Story
3. Select your Story Style (Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs).
- Voice : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
- Engage : Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
NOTE: You can also see the Story plugin version in InDesign.
4. Click PREVIEW to preview your Story Style and Click SELECT THIS STYLE
5. Select pages that you want to appear in your Visual Story and Click CREATE STORY
TIP: Include at least SIX High-Quality Images in your Visual Story.
6. If you are not logged into your existing Issuu account, you will be redirected to the below page where you can edit your story. Click DONE in order to save your Visual Story.
NOTE: If you don't have an Issuu account, you can still edit your visual story on issuu.com. Once you click DONE, you will get an opportunity to create a new Issuu account.
7. If you are already logged into your existing Issuu account, you will be redirected to the below page, right after selecting publication pages. Click CONTINUE to edit your visual story.
All Stories are Web-enabled and SEO Optimized. Your AMP story can be included in emails or linked to your site.
Please see the article for more information, Visual Stories on Desktop.