Installing Issuu Stories Extension
For InDesign CC2014 and up
Here’s how to install the InDesign extension for the latest version of InDesign (Indesign CC 2014 10.0 and above):
- Download Visual Story Extension from Adobe Exchange Marketplace
- Click Download/Install another way from below image
- Download the install tool. We use the open-source tool ZXPInstaller to install the plug-in. You can download and install the ZXPInstaller from here: http://zxpinstaller.com/
NOTE: Mac OS X users need to allow the tool to run for the first time, so click Open when you see the message below. If the installer won’t run and a warning is displayed instead, then navigate to the Applications folder, right-click (or Command-click) on ZXPInstaller, and select Open from the menu that appears.
NOTE: If you receive below message while installing ZXPInstaller, You need to go to your Security Settings in System Preferences on your device and and you have to allow plugin access privileges and then it will allow you to download ZXPInstaller.
- Run the ZXPInstall tool and drag the plug-in file you downloaded earlier into the window like the one below at left. After a few moments, you will see the status message seen below at right.
Close the ZXPInstall tool.
Open the plug-in in InDesign under:
1. Window --> Extensions--> Issuu -Create a Story
2. File --> Issuu - Create a Story
NOTE: Whenever a new version of Stories Extension is released Adobe Creative Cloud will automatically update your Extension. You can also manually update all extensions by visiting Adobe Exchange Marketplace, where you can click My Exchange --> Manage All Plugins
To uninstall Stories Extension
- Login to Adobe Exchange Marketplace
- Click on My Exchange --> Manage All Plugins
- Click Manage in-front of Stories Extension
4. It will take you to the Creative Cloud where you can Uninstall plugin