Right after upload, Issuu now auto-detects the individual articles in your content using the “Table of Contents” page, and turns them into mobile-optimized Issuu Article Stories.
In this webinar our Customer Success team and the Product Manager will show how to preview and edit each Article Story, and how to publish and share to reach more people.
To get an easy mobile optimization and reach a wider audience, please follow our step-by-step guide on Article Story Detection.
Top 3 Questions
#1 Question: Do I have to specifically state that this page is "Table of Contents"?
Answer: Our system is able to automatically detect the Table of Content, so you don’t need to state it. You should however keep the Table of Contents on the same page, don't spread it over multiple pages. What also helps is using the same font for all Table of Content entries.
Make the Table of Contents simple, keep just the title of the article and the page number. Avoid prefixing page numbers ( such as pg. 4).
#2 Question: Is there a way to clear the story if the auto detect doesn’t work well?
Answer: Yes. Click on the three dots icon next to the particular Article Story in the list.
Once in the editor, click on the garbage can icon to remove all segments. You can then create the Article Story from scratch by clicking on the sections in the left part of the editor.
#3 Question: Are there things I can do to my Table of Contents so that Issuu can do a better job of finding the stories?
Answer: Here is a general set of guidelines:
- Ideally, the headlines in your Table of Contents should match headlines in your document.
- The article location (page number) stated in the Table of Contents should match the location in the document.
- Use the same font for all Table of Content entries.
- Keep the Table of Contents on the same page, don't spread it over multiple pages.
- Using the same typography throughout the document (same body text size, same headline text size etc.) also improves the detection and the extraction of the Article Stories.
- If possible, use a larger font for the article headlines in the document.
- NOTE: A list of figures/advertisers can confuse the algorithm.