Issuu Promotions enables you to create and run compelling Facebook and Instagram Ads right from the Issuu interface.
With this feature you can use Visual Stories (that you create from your publications) for your paid promotions on Facebook and Instagram. You use the Visual Story as an ad with a CTA (call to action) button, and you create the campaign right on Issuu platform.
You can target the geo location (countries, cities), interests, age ranges, gender, select the Call To Action button ("Learn More", "Contact Us" etc), destination URL, dates of the campaign and budget. You can also pause and resume your promotions from Issuu Promote.
NOTE: Issuu Promotions is in Beta which is available on all paid plans. In order to use this product or share your feedback or questions, please contact us on email@example.com.
Please follow our Issuu Promotions Webinar and FAQ's here.
Getting Started - Facebook Checklist
You will need to ensure that you have the following:
- A Facebook Business account with Facebook Ad Manager set up
- The account you will be connecting will need to have Facebook Ad Manager Administrator privileges. Find information how to set a Business account with an Ad Manager here.
- An Instagram Business account – if you also want to buy Instagram Story Ads
- Setting up your Instagram account to be a business account is fairly easy. To learn how visit this link.
- Accept Facebook’s non-discrimination policy
- Facebook requires that you accept this policy or else your ad cannot run. More information is available here.
Make sure you have payment settings associated with your account. The billing will be tied to your Facebook’s business account. In other words, you will be charged for your ads by Facebook not by Issuu.
Guide: Create an Issuu Promotions Campaign
To run a campaign using Issuu Promote you need to create a Visual Story in Engage style (A) and set up a promotion via Issuu platform (B).
(A) Create a Visual Story
Visual Stories are short videos that you create from your publications. When creating a Visual Story you can use different styles, however for Issuu Promote you need to use Engage style.
The Engage style that we recommend to use for these Visual Stories meets ad guidelines for social media ad campaigns. The placement of the text is optimized to not conflict with the “swipe up” call to action. Here is a comprehensive guide explaining how to create a Visual Story.
(B) Set up a Promotion
1. Click on Promotions in the left hand menu.
2. If this is the first time you are setting up a promotion, you will be asked to connect the Issuu platform to your Facebook account. Click on the grey CONNECT button and continue until your Facebook account is connected.
3. Click on the CREATE NEW PROMOTION button.
4. This will take you to the Visual Stories dashboard. Find the Visual Story you want to use for the campaign (the one you just created), hover over and click on the (...) icon. In there, click on Promote.
5. On this page you set up the campaign:
Follow the steps and select your Facebook Business and Ad account. Choose the audience you want to target, age, gender and interests and a title for your promotion. Select the right Call to Action and the desired URL where to send those who click on the ad.
6. Set up daily budget and duration and click “PROMOTE STORY”.
Congratulations to your first Issuu Promotions campaign!
7. Once the ad gets approved by Facebook you will be able to see the performance of the campaign under Statistics in the left hand menu.
NOTE: Your ad is subject to approval by Facebook, so it could not be approved due to various reasons.
Here are guidelines for FB and Instagram imagery on ads and content in general: