Visual Stories on Issuu - The Newest Way to Tell Your Story
Visual Stories let you combine visual elements with concise text in an effective manner. Content is more effective when presented in the form of a good story and story becomes more engaging when enhanced with visuals.
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Issuu provides a great way of creating Visual Stories using AMP Stories to transform one piece of content into mobile stories and multimedia formats, to share across all major Social and Media Platforms in our following Story Styles:
- Voice : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
- Engage : Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Please see article for more information about AMP Stories.
Quick Introduction of Visual Story Creation - Short Video
Creating Visual Stories from Publications
- Click on Visual Story icon in-front of your Publication
2. Select Pages for creating stories and click on CREATE VISUAL STORY button
NOTE: By default Inspire story style is selected. You will be able to change story style later.
3. Here, you can edit your Visual Story
1. Style - Here, you can change your Story Style
2. Assets - Here, you can edit Assets (Images/Text) of your story
- To edit images, drag and drop the images
NOTE: You can also add images (a JPEG format) from your computer/laptop in Visual Story by clicking on "+" icon.
3. Settings - Here, you can edit story Title and provide story Description
4. Preview - Here, you can Preview your story
4. You can also move text-boxes as well as images in Visual Story
5. On the right side, you have the options to customize your Visual Story.
- To arrange pages up and down click on
- To add pages click on
- To delete pages click on
NOTE: You can add up to 15 pages in Visual Story.
6. Once you are done with creating Visual Story, click CREATE STORY where you get an opportunity to review Story Information. Once it is reviewed, Click SHARE to share your Visual Story
7. You can Copy Link, Share on different Social Media options listed and Download Visual Story as one full video or individual pages
Creating Visual Stories from Article Stories
- Go to Article Stories
- Select Article Story for which you want create Visual Story
- Click on Visual Story icon
NOTE: While creating Article Stories at the end of the flow, you will also get an opportunity to create Visual Story.
NOTE: The restrictions for visual stories are: Video should be in mp4 format with maximum size 100MB and images should be in JPEG format with maximum size 5MB.
To See Visual Stories
- Once you login to your Issuu account on desktop/web, you will see Visual Stories list in Publisher Tools Navigation
- Click Visual Stories
- You will see all Visual Stories that you have created from Desktop, your Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) as well as Visual Stories created using InDesign Story Extension
- If you haven't Shared/Published Visual Stories, they will appear under DRAFTS
Editing Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- Visual Stories created on Desktop from Article Stories and using InDesign Extension can be editable on Desktop/Web
NOTE: Currently, Visual Stories created from Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) are not Editable on Desktop/Web but you can SHARE and DELETE them.
Sharing and Deleting Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- You can Share/Delete all Visual Stories that you have created
- Click on Share icon to share story
- When you click on "...", you will see below pop-up
- Click VIEW LIVE to View your story
- Click DELETE to delete your story
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).
To create Visual Stories from mobile app, please see article for more information: Visual Stories for Android App and Visual Stories for iOS App and to create Visual Stories from InDesign, please see article for more information: Introduction to Visual Stories Using Adobe InDesign.
NOTE: Currently, we do not support any special characters in Visual Story for example Chinese, Greek, Japanese, Korean etc. Any special characters will not work in Visual Story.