Visual Stories on Issuu - The Newest Way to Tell Your Story
Visual Stories let you combine visual elements with concise text in an effective manner. Content is more effective when presented in the form of a good story and story becomes more engaging when enhanced with visuals.
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Issuu provides a great way of creating Visual Stories using Google AMP Stories to transform one piece of content into mobile stories and multimedia formats, to share across all major Social and Media Platforms in our following Story Styles:
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Please see article for more information about Google AMP Stories.
To Create Visual Stories
- Go to Article Stories
- Select Article Story for which you want create Visual Story
- Click "..." and select CREATE VISUAL STORIES
NOTE: Currently, it is possible to create Visual Stories only from Article Stories on Desktop. We will come with an ability to create Visual Stories from Publications soon.
4. Select Story Style
- Voice Story Style : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire Story Style : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
NOTE: We will launch new Story Styles soon.
5. Click PREVIEW to preview your Story Style and Click SELECT to create Visual Story
6. Here, you can edit your Visual Story
1. Style - Here, you can change your Story Style
2. Assets - Here, you can edit Assets (Images/Text) of your story
- To edit images, drag and drop the images
NOTE: You can also add images from your computer/laptop in Visual Story by clicking on "+" icon.
3. Settings - Here, you can edit story Title and provide story Description
4. Preview - Here, you can Preview your story
7. Once you are done with creating Visual Story, click CREATE STORY where you get an opportunity to review Story Information. Once it is reviewed, Click SHARE to share your Visual Story
NOTE: To create Visual Stories from mobile app, please see article for more information: Visual Stories for Android App and Visual Stories for iOS App and to create Visual Stories from InDesign, please see article for more information: Introduction to Visual Stories Using Adobe InDesign.
NOTE: While creating Article Stories at the end of the flow, you will also get an opportunity to create Visual Story.
To See Visual Stories
- Once you login to your Issuu account on desktop/web, you will see Visual Stories list in Publisher Tools Navigation
- Click Visual Stories
- You will see all Visual Stories that you have created from Desktop, your Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) as well as Visual Stories created using InDesign Story Extension
- If you haven't Shared/Published Visual Stories, they will appear under DRAFTS
Editing Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- Visual Stories created on Desktop from Article Stories and using InDesign Extension can be editable on Desktop/Web
NOTE: Currently, Visual Stories created from Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) are not Editable on Desktop/Web but you can SHARE and DELETE them.
Sharing and Deleting Visual Stories on Desktop/Web
- You can Share/Delete all Visual Stories that you have created
- Click on Share icon to share story
- When you click on "...", you will see below pop-up
- Click VIEW LIVE to View your story
- Click DELETE to delete your story
How your Visual Story on Desktop will look like
This is how your Visual Story on Desktop will look like:
When you click on "..."
- If you click on Story Title - Art Mag, it will take you to the Story Article
- If you click on READ MORE STORIES ON ISSUU, it will take you to issuu.com
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).