Visual Stories Using Adobe InDesign
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Adobe InDesign and Issuu have partnered to enable Seamless Sharing Experience from Document to Social Media Stories to maximize your content sharing and content marketing capabilities.
New Issuu Story Cloud (a suite of story distribution and sharing solutions) and Adobe InDesign integration allows you (Publishers) to easily format social media stories assets pulled straight from your Adobe InDesign documents and share acrossSocial and Media Platforms. Ready to create your Story?
Please see article for more information about Google AMP Stories.
NOTE: You need to install Issuu Visual Story Extension while creating Visual Stories from Adobe InDesign. Please see article: Introduction to Visual Stories using Adobe InDesign and for Installing Issuu Visual Story InDesign Extension, please follow article: Installing the InDesign Extension.
Any InDesign user can install and use Issuu Visual Story Extension. At the end of the flow inside story plugin/extension, there is a button to navigate to your Issuu account to upload your assets where you can review, edit and share your Visual Stories. If you do not have an account on Issuu, you will get an opportunity to create one in the same flow.
Creating Visual Stories Using InDesign
1. Open Document in InDesign
2. Under File menu select Create Story for Social
3. Select your Story Style (Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs).
- Voice Story Style : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire Story Style : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience. COMING SOON...
NOTE: We will launch new Story Styles soon.
4. Click PREVIEW to preview your Story Style and Click SELECT THIS STYLE
5. Select Pages and Images that you want to appear in your Visual Story and Click PREVIEW
TIP: Include at least SIX High Quality Images in your Visual Story.
6. Provide Story Title, Publication Title and Publisher Name to your Visual Story and Click EDIT AND SHARE
7. To Edit, Review and Share your Visual Story, you need to have an Issuu Account where you can also Save your Visual Stories
NOTE: If you do not have an account on Issuu, you will get an opportunity to create one.
If you go back to InDesign, you will see below screen
- NEW STORY - Click NEW STORY to create new story
- GO TO ISSUU - It will take you to your Issuu Account
Signing up for Issuu Account at the time of creating Visual Story :
If you already have an account on Issuu then simply click on Log In
8. Once you login to your Issuu account, you will see below screen where you can Review, Edit and Share Visual Story
Editing and Sharing Visual Story
1. Style - Here, you can change your Story Style
2. Assets - Here, you can edit Assets (Images/Text) of your story
- To edit images, drag and drop the images
- To edit text, copy and paste text in the text-box
3. Settings - Here, you can edit story Title and provide story Description
4. Preview - Here, you can Preview your story
5. CREATE STORY -
- Click CREATE STORY where you get an opportunity to review Story Information. Once it is reviewed, Click SHARE to share your Visual Story
- You can Copy Story Link, Share on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Email, Instagram
- Click DONE and you will get redirected to your Issuu account
- To share Story on Instagram, you need to scan QR Code using your mobile phone
Please read article Visual Stories on Desktop/Web that are Created Using Adobe InDesign.
How your Visual Story on Desktop will look like
This is how your Visual Story on Desktop will look like:
All Stories are Web-enabled and SEO Optimized. Your Google AMP story can be included in mails or linked to your site.
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).