Visual Stories Using Adobe InDesign
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Adobe InDesign and Issuu have partnered to enable Seamless Sharing Experience from Document to Social Media Stories to maximize your content sharing and content marketing capabilities.
New Issuu Story Cloud (a suite of story distribution and sharing solutions) and Adobe InDesign integration allows you (Publishers) to easily format social media stories assets pulled straight from your Adobe InDesign documents and share acrossSocial and Media Platforms. Ready to create your Story?
Please see article for more information about AMP Stories.
NOTE: You need to install Issuu Visual Story Extension while creating Visual Stories from Adobe InDesign. Please see article: Introduction to Visual Stories using Adobe InDesign and for Installing Issuu Visual Story InDesign Extension, please follow article: Installing Issuu Stories InDesign Extension.
Any InDesign user can install and use Issuu Visual Story Extension. At the end of the flow inside story plugin/extension, there is a button to navigate to your Issuu account to upload your assets where you can review, edit and share your Visual Stories. If you do not have an account on Issuu, you will get an opportunity to create one in the same flow.
Creating Visual Stories Using InDesign
NOTE: The Visual Stories Plugin for Indesign does not support InDesign 2021.
1. Open Document in InDesign
2. Under Window -> Extensions, select Issuu - Create a Story
Or Under File --> Issuu - Create a Story
3. Select your Story Style (Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs).
- Voice : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
- Engage : Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
NOTE: You can also see Story plugin version in InDesign.
4. Click PREVIEW to preview your Story Style and Click SELECT THIS STYLE
5. Select pages that you want to appear in your Visual Story and Click CREATE STORY
TIP: Include at least SIX High Quality Images in your Visual Story.
6. If you are not logged into your existing Issuu account, you will be redirected to below page where you can edit your story. Click DONE in order to save your Visual Story.
NOTE: If you don't have an Issuu account, you can still edit your visual story on issuu.com, . Once you click DONE, you will get an opportunity to create a new Issuu account.
7. If you are already logged into your existing Issuu account, you will be redirected to below page, right after selecting publication pages. Click CONTINUE to edit your visual story.
Editing and Sharing Visual Story
1. Style - Here, you can change your Story Style
2. Assets - Here, you can edit Assets (Images/Text) of your story
- To edit images, drag and drop the images
NOTE: You can also upload images from your Desktop/Laptop in Visual Story by clicking on "+" icon.
3. Settings - Here, you can edit story Title and provide story Description
4. Preview - Here, you can Preview your story
- You can also move text-boxes as well as images in Visual Story
On the right side, you have the options to customize your Visual Story.
- To arrange pages up and down, click on
- To add pages, click on
- To delete pages, click on
NOTE: You can add up to 15 pages in Visual Story.
- Once you are done with creating Visual Story, click CREATE STORY where you get an opportunity to review Story Information. Once it is reviewed, Click SHARE to share your Visual Story.
- You can Copy Link, Share on different Social Media options listed and Download Visual Story as one full video or individual pages
- To share Story on Instagram, you need to scan QR Code using your mobile phone
Please read article Visual Stories on Desktop/Web that are Created Using Adobe InDesign.
All Stories are Web-enabled and SEO Optimized. Your AMP story can be included in mails or linked to your site.
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).