Visual Stories on Issuu - The Newest Way to Tell Your Story
Visual Stories let you combine visual elements with concise text in an effective manner. Content is more effective when presented in the form of a good story and story becomes more engaging when enhanced with visuals.
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Issuu provides a great way of creating Visual Stories using AMP Stories to transform one piece of content into mobile stories and multimedia formats, to share across all major Social Media Platforms in our following Story Styles:
- Voice Story Style : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire Story Style : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Ready to create your Story on Mobile App?
Please see article for more information about AMP Stories.
NOTE: To create a Visual Story, download the Issuu app from Google Play Store and login to your Issuu account. If you already have an app installed on your mobile, you just need to update your Issuu App in order to create Visual Stories. You will need to have documents or Article Stories already created to be able to use the Issuu App to create Visual.
You can download Issuu Android App from here.
This article explains how to create and share Visual Story on Issuu Android App.
Creating and Sharing Visual Story
Once you login to your Issuu app, you will be on Issuu home page where you will see the purple band at the top of the content discovery page.
1. Click Create a Visual Story
2. Select Assets (here, you can choose from your Stories or Publications) for creating Visual Story
2.1 Choose from your Stories:
- Select Story for which you want to create Visual Story
2.2 Choose from your Publications:
- Select Publication for which you want to create Visual Story
- Select Pages NOTE:You can select maximum 10 Pages.
- Click Next
3. Select Story Style: Voice or Inspire (To preview your Story Style, Click on Voice/Inspire Style) and to edit your Visual Story click SELECT
4. To edit text, click on the text box and select text style
5. To add images of your choice, click + icon and to edit images click X icon (You can choose and upload images from your phone.)
You can also adjust selected images by Repositioning and Zoom in/zoom out.
- For Repositioning of images - You need to hold on the image and move it to the position wherever you want on the page(panel).
- For Zoom in/zoom out - You need use your two fingers to zoom out and zoom in of image to get broader view and closer look of your image respectively.
NOTE: If you haven't allowed Issuu App to access photos, you will get below pop-up message. You need to allow Issuu App to access photos in order to upload images from your device.
6. To preview your story, click on Eye icon and then click SHARE
7. PUBLISH your Visual Story
8. Once you click PUBLISH, you will see below screen
1. VIEW LIVE
- When you click VIEW LIVE, you will be able to go through all the panels of your Visual Story on amp.issuu.com
- When you tap on the last panel, you will see more sharing options as well as the ability to view the article that is associated with the story when you click on the large image under the sharing options
- Clicking on READ MORE STORIES ON ISSUU will take you to issuu.com
2. GET LINK
- When you click GET LINK, a Visual Story link will get copied which you can share
3. Save All Videos
- It will save your Visual Story in many different videos on your mobile device
- As Visual Story is a set of videos, when you click Save all Videos, you will see many videos saved on your mobile device for one Visual Story in PHOTOS under MOVIES
- If you click More, you will get more social media options to share your Visual Story
NOTE: When you share Visual Story on different Social Media Platforms, only the first page of Visual Story is included in the video. If you want to share all videos, you need to Save them to your device and then share from File Manger/Photos App.
To See all Visual Stories that are created on Issuu App
1. Click Me Icon
2. Click Visual Stories
- Here, you will see all Visual Stories that you have created. When you click on Visual Story, you can view your story
- You can also create Visual Stories by clicking Create a Visual Story
- Click SELECT below Visual Story to share your Story
NOTE: You need to turn on Notifications to receive updates on Issuu app. Please follow below steps to turn on Notifications for Issuu App:
- Go to Phone Settings
- Select Notifications
- Turn on Notifications in-front of Issuu App
To See all Visual Stories on Desktop/Web that are created from Issuu App
- Once you login to your Issuu account on desktop, you will see Visual Stories list in Publisher Tools Navigation
- Click Visual Stories
- You will see all Visual Stories that you have created from Issuu Android App
NOTE: Currently, Visual Stories created from Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) are not Editable on Desktop but you can SHARE and DELETE them.
4. When you click on "...", you will see below pop-up
- Click VIEW LIVE to View your story
- Click DELETE to delete your story
- Click Share icon to share your story
All Stories are Web-enabled and SEO Optimized. Your AMP story can be included in mails or linked to your site.
Please see article for more information, Visual Stories on Desktop.
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).