Visual Stories on Issuu - The Newest Way to Tell Your Story
Visual Stories let you combine visual elements with concise text in an effective manner. Content is more effective when presented in the form of a good story and story becomes more engaging when enhanced with visuals.
Everyone has a Story to tell and now Issuu provides a great way of creating Visual Stories using AMP Stories to transform one piece of content into mobile stories and multimedia formats, to share across all major Social Media Platforms in our following Story Styles:
- Voice : Fast paced. Strong quotes are the hero. Make use of image takeovers and dynamic text animations to create a strong impact.
- Inspire : Get ready to inspire with big images and visual breathing space. Tell your story, where Editorial meets Interactive for an engaging experience.
- Engage : Bring your brand to life and engage new audiences across ad platforms with a style tailored to fit AMP and Facebook ad guidelines.
Issuu Styles are templates that reflect your brand needs.
Ready to create your Story on Mobile App?
Please see article for more information about AMP Stories.
NOTE: To create a Visual Story, download the Issuu app from the Apple Store and login to your Issuu account. If you already have an app installed on your mobile, you just need to update your Issuu App in order to create Visual Stories.
NOTE: Currently, it is not possible to create visual stories under GROUP account on mobile apps as it is not possible to access GROUP account in mobile apps.
You can download Issuu iOS App from here.
This article explains how to create and share Visual Story on Issuu iOS App.
Creating and Sharing Visual Story
Once you login to your Issuu app, you will be on Issuu home page where you will see the purple band at the top of the content discovery page.
1. Click Create a Visual Story
2. Select Assets (here, you can choose from your Stories or Publications) for creating Visual Story
If you do not have any assets, you can create story from scratch by clicking START FROM SCRATCH button.
2.1 Choose from your Stories:
- Select Story for which you want to create Visual Story
2.2 Choose from your Publications:
- Select Publication for which you want to create Visual Story
- Select Pages NOTE:You can select maximum 10 Pages.
- Click Next
3. Select Story Style and click EDIT to edit your Visual Story
4. To edit text, click on the text box and select text style
5. To add images of your choice, click + icon and to edit images click X icon (You can choose and upload images from your phone.)
NOTE: To upload images from your mobile device, you need to allow Issuu App to access photos from device. Please follow below steps to allow Issuu App to access photos from your device:
- Go to Phone Settings
- Select Issuu App
- Click Photos
- Select Read and Write access
Repositioning and Zoom in/zoom out
You can also adjust selected images by Repositioning and Zoom in/zoom out.
- For Repositioning of images - You need to hold on the image and move it to the position wherever you want on the page(panel).
- For Zoom in/zoom out - You need use your two fingers to zoom out and zoom in of image to get broader view and closer look of your image respectively.
Video in Video/Visual Stories
You can also add videos in visual stories. Depending on the time span of the visual story page, it will crop the videos.
6. Once you are done with editing, you can preview your Visual Story before publishing by clicking Preview/Eye icon
7. Click SHARE and then click PUBLISH
(Once you click PUBLISH, you will see below screen)
1. VIEW LIVE
- When you click VIEW LIVE, you will be able to go through all the panels of your Visual Story on amp.issuu.com
- On the last page, you will see more sharing options
- Clicking on READ MORE STORIES ON ISSUU will take you to issuu.com
2. GET LINK
- When you click GET LINK, a Visual Story link will get copied which you can share
3. Instagram Story
- You can share full Visual Story video on Instagram
4. Save to Photos
- It will save full video of your Visual Story on your mobile device in PHOTOS under VIDEOS.
- If you click More, you will get more social media options to share your full Visual Story video
To See all Visual Stories that are created on Issuu App
1. Click Me Icon
2. Click Visual Stories
- Here, you will see all Visual Stories that you have created. When you click on Visual Story, you can view your story
- You can also create Visual Stories by clicking Create a Visual Story
- To share Visual Story, click SHARE under Visual Story
NOTE: You need to turn on Notifications to receive updates on Issuu app. Please follow below steps to turn on Notifications for Issuu App:
- Go to Phone Settings
- Select Notifications
- Select Issuu App
- Turn on Notifications
To See all Visual Stories on Desktop/Web that are created from Issuu App
- Once you login to your Issuu account on desktop, you will see Visual Stories list in Publisher Tools Navigation
- Click Visual Stories
- You will see all Visual Stories that you have created from Issuu iOS App
NOTE: Currently, Visual Stories created from Issuu App (iOS/Andorid) are not Editable on Desktop but you can SHARE and DELETE them.
4. When you click on "...", you will see below pop-up
- Click VIEW LIVE to View your story
- Click DELETE to delete your story
- Click Share icon to share your story
All Stories are Web-enabled and SEO Optimized. Your AMP story can be included in mails or linked to your site.
Please see article for more information, Visual Stories on Desktop.
NOTE: Issuu will not be responsible to take down Visual Stories which are Copyright Violated that are shared across various Social Media Platforms. You need to contact respective Social Media Site for removal of content(Visual Story).