- From your Publisher Homepage, click ADD CONTENT button from Side Navigation Menu
- Click SELECT FILE TO UPLOAD or simply drag your file into the box
- Once you've selected a file, it will go through different steps of the conversion process. When your file is fully converted you can see how your content will appear in the Issuu reader
Currently, there is no limit on the number of documents you can upload to your Issuu account as long as the content is set to Public. However, if you want to set your content to Unlisted, every Issuu plan comes with a limited number of free Unlisted documents. Once you reach that limit, you can subscribe to one of our Unlisted content packages.
NOTE: There is a limit on the size of each document you upload for both Public and Unlisted content.
- Free, Starter and legacy Pro Plans: 500 pages per document up to 100MB in size
- Legacy Plus Plan: 500 pages per document, up to 250MB in size
- Premium and Optimum Plans: 5000 pages per document, up to 500MB in size
Page and Size Limitation Per Document
500 pages / 100MB
500 pages / 100MB
5000 pages / 500MB
5000 pages / 2GB
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to change your Issuu account username and therefore, you can not change your web address, because your username appears in the web address.
For example - issuu.com/username
NOTE: When setting up new account, please make sure to use the email sign up option, as this will allow you to manually choose a new username. Any statistics associated with publications on the old account will not be transferred to the new account when you re-upload the publications.
Please see article for more information, Changing Account Username.
If you want a new document URL, you have to change the file name of the content on your computer, upload the content as a new document on Issuu and then delete the old content with the old URL from your Issuu account (if you want to).
NOTE: Deleting content will also delete statistics of the content.
After uploading the document on Issuu, the document name, that displays in the document URL is same as the document name on your computer. Therefore, before uploading content on Issuu, make sure that the title of your content is how you would like to appear in the Issuu URL.
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Find the content you want to delete and click the DELETE icon/button
- A dialog box will pop-up and you will be asked to confirm the document deletion.You will have to select DELETE to remove the document from your Issuu account.
NOTE: Once the content has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. You can upload the same document again, but it will not carry the statistics of the previously uploaded version.
- Login to issuu.com, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and Select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Go to bottom of the page to PERSONAL INFORMATION tab and update your account details. To change your email address Click to set a new email
- In the pop up window, set your new email address and click on SET NEW EMAIL
- A confirmation email is now sent to your new email address
- Open the new email account in a new tab, under the same window, where you are still logged in with your Issuu account. Click on Confirm email address button
NOTE: After changing your email address, a confirmation email will be sent to the new email address. Click the link in the email to confirm the change. You have to be signed in to your Issuu account, while clicking the confirmation link. Otherwise, the email change will not be confirmed.
- Login to your issuu account, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Under the BILLING tab, select the link for the item you would like to change
- On the overlay that appears, add your new billing information and choose SUBMIT
NOTE: If the overlay screen does not appear, check to make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker activated. If so, change the settings to allow pop-ups from issuu.com.
Please see article for more information, Updating your billing information.
- Login to your Issuu Account
- Hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Click on BILLING tab from the horizontal menu
- Click on the invoice from Your invoice history
- Click on PRINT icon and then SAVE button to download invoice as PDF
9. How can I keep a track of number of documents downloaded in Statistics?
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not keep track of the number of times a document has been Downloaded. However, we are happy to put this down as a feature request.
It is important to understand that there are two reading experiences.
1. Issuu website (www.issuu.com)
On www.issuu.com, If you are on our Basic or Starter plan, advertisements will display above, below or next to your content. However, these advertisements can be removed by upgrading to either our Premium or Optimum plan.
NOTE: Read More, Popular Now, See More are not advertisements and will always remain on the screen, no matter what plan you are on.
2. Your Website or Blog page using our embed feature
When readers are directed to your Website or Blog, you can remove advertisements, Read More, Popular Now, See More by using our Full Screen Shareable Reader feature.
Each document when uploaded is assigned a URL. Follow below instructions to customize your publication -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Select the content you want to share or embed as full screen
- Under Share, select EMBED ON WEBSITE (It will open an Embed Widget)
- Customise the content as per your desire (You can remove Powered by issuu, Show your other publications as suggestions, Hide the share button)
- Click on GET CODE
You can use this URL to embed in your website or blog or you can simply send this URL to readers or share on social media.
Follow the instructions below to find your purchased content -
- Login to your account
- Hover over READ and click Purchases
NOTE: In Issuu app, click on your profile picture, and under your profile, click Purchases. Make sure your Issuu app is up to date for the best experience.
Please see article for more information, Where to Read Purchased Content.
With a Premium or Optimum plan, you can download statistics for individual documents. Access the statistics of particular content and click the DOWNLOAD button to download lifetime statistics for the content.
Under Basic or Starter plan, you can only access all-time statistics for all your content, and they cannot be downloaded.
Please see article for more information, How to Download Statistics.
If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you must downgrade to our Basic (free) plan. To downgrade to Basic plan -
- Login to your Issuu account, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Under the SERVICES & PLANS tab, select DOWNGRADE under the Basic plan description and then choose CONTINUE
- Follow the prompts on the next few screens to complete the downgrade process
At the end of the process, a Cancel confirmation pop-up will be prompted as well as Cancel confirmation email will be sent for your records.
After you have successfully downgraded, the system will give you the expiration date of your subscription, after which you will be downgraded to Basic plan. Your subscription and benefits will be available for you until your subscription expires.
NOTE: You cannot downgrade to our Basic plan if there is an outstanding balance on your account. If you need any help with this, please contact our support team by clicking Submit a request at the bottom of the page.
There are two methods for downloading Issuu publications. However, not all publishers allow download of their content.
1. While reading on Issuu, If the publisher allows download
Click DOWNLOAD right below the publication and choose where you want to save the file on your computer or device.
NOTE: If the publisher does not allow download, the DOWNLOAD button will be greyed out. Also, you can download only 25 publications in a 24-hour period.
2. While downloading your own publications via your Publisher Homepage
To download your own publications -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Click on Publication that you want to download
- Select DOWNLOAD (The file will be automatically saved on your computer or device).
Please see article for more information, Downloading Publications.
Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, we cannot share the contact information of our Publishers. However, some Publishers add a website address to their Publisher Profile Page, which would help you to get in touch with them.
Please see article for more information, Contact a Publisher.
To access your group account, first you need to login to your individual account and then you can switch or toggle to your group account from the toolbar you get by hovering over the profile image.
Please see article for more information, Groups.
Unfortunately, your single pdf files/pages have to be together in one file before you upload it on our system. We currently do not provide the ability to create a book on the Issuu Platform.
Here is a link that shows how to merge pages into a PDF file -
This video might also be helpful if you're using Photoshop -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the publication you want to embed
- Under Share, select EMBED ON WEBSITE (It will open an Embed Widget)
- Adjust the styling options, See this guide to learn about different customisation option
- Select GET EMBED CODE
- Add code to your website, CMS, blog or social channel
Please see article for more information, Embedding Your Own Publication.
We accept major credit and debit cards and PayPal for Payment only.
Accepted Credit and Debit card include - Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover, Diners Club
NOTE: The billing name and address must match the credit card owner otherwise the payment will not be processed.
If the payment is declined, please see Payment Failure Alert for more information.
Basic: For customers looking to get started with digital marketing who want to display their content in a flipbook format hosted on Issuu.com to drive their audience to. Website and video embedding, analytic tools, and the ability to share your content via a full screen reader are not available on this plan. Targeted banners ads will run on your content on Issuu.com.
Starter: This plan includes all the features included in Basic is meant for students and small organizations who only want to embed their content on websites or display their content in full-screen (great for documents with a lot of assets). In addition, this plan will allow you to enable SEO for your content.
Premium: Our most popular subscription plan that gives our content creators all the tools they need to run their business. These tools include access to custom embeds and full-screen reader, analytics, allow your readers to download your content, video embeds, ability to sell your content, get up to 3 users sharing an account, auto-link reading and does not have target ads running on embedded and full-screen displays.
Optimum: For the larger content creators who want priority phone support, unlimited private sharing for their content, flatplanning tools, up to 25 users sharing an account, and unlimited API access.
Publishers can order printed copies of their own publications. Publisher Print-on-Demand (PPOD) is a partnership with Peecho that allows Issuu publishers to order high-quality printed copies of their publications. This printing feature is automatically available to all publishers, even if you have a free Issuu account.
NOTE: Readers do not have the option to purchase print copies of your content.
To order printed copies -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the content for which you want printed copies
- Under Share, select ORDER PRINTED COPIES
NOTE: If ORDER PRINT button is disabled, your publication does not meet the minimum print requirements established by our print partner.
Please see article for more information, Ordering Printed Copies of Publications.
3. Select the type of print, print size, colour or black & white and the number of copies
NOTE: Each of these options will also affect the price of your printed publications.
- Add your shipping information and review the order
- Complete the payment section, then place your order
NOTE: Print on demand service is not part of your Issuu subscription. Please visit Peecho’s website for more information on getting your publication ready for print.
Your publications are still accessible online, even after your subscription expires or after you downgrade your subscription. When your paid subscription expires, your account is converted to our free/basic plan. What changes with that are the features that came with your subscription plan, will not be available anymore on free/basic plan. If publications are embedded on your website, then embeds will be greyed out for readers and they will be sent to Issuu.com in order to read your publications.
On the main issuu website, the default view for all publications is the 2-page spread. Please upload your content with single-page spreads. Our system will automatically convert them to 2-page spreads. If you upload your content with 2-page spreads, they will show up on Issuu as 4 pages.
No, those links will not appear in the downloaded version of the content because Issuu doesn't modify the original file.
To sign up as a Publisher, please visit Creating an Issuu Account. You can either sign up on Issuu for free or sign up for one of our paid plans to access exclusive features like the ability to sell your content, share your work in a full-screen reader, page-level statistics and more.
Please follow below link to see all Adobe Magazine Templates that are available on Issuu: https://blog.issuu.com/magazine-and-catalogue-templates/
NOTE: These Magazine & Catalogue Templates are for Brands, Bloggers and Creators of All Kinds.
We have instituted a more stringent flagging system in order to more robustly prevent explicit publications from showing up in the general stream.
This means that all newly uploaded or re-uploaded publications have to be reviewed by our moderators, before showing up on profiles and in streams. The process will take 5 minutes to few hours. Unfortunately, the Publication review time is not in our control.
Once your publications are reviewed, the Pending Safe Mode Review tag will get removed and your publication will show up in profiles and streams.
Please see article to learn more about Pending Safe Mode Review.
You are getting slide animation instead of our 3D animation because:
- The driver for the graphic cards is outdated
- They are on a remote desktop setup
- WebGL is not supported
- The device or browser is not performing good enough to show a 3D animation
Most people are getting the 3D page-flip. If that's not working on a particular device, we will then show the 2D version.
Please clear cookies and cache of your browser. If you are using Chrome browser, then make sure that the Use hardware acceleration when available option is checked. Open a publication from issuu again. Try some other devices as well.
If you are looking for anything (Publications/Issuu accounts) on Issuu that does not exist on Issuu platform, you will get 404 page.
- Impressions are the number of times that your content was served or shown on the Issuu network, whether in someone’s feed (as a thumbnail), search results or on a website where you have embedded the content
- Reads are counted when someone opens your content and either performs an action (by flipping the page, zooming, etc.) or stays for more than two seconds
- Read Time will be counted once the content has been loaded for two seconds (when considered a Read). It will be presented as hours:minutes:seconds format
- Average Time Spent is Read Time divided by Reads
Issuu does not offer free trials. We do offer a free basic plan or a monthly plan so if you find Issuu is not right for your business, you can cancel any time! No refunds are offered for any unused days on your subscription.
You will need a completed document in a single page spread, preferably in a PDF format. Issuu also accepts the following file types: Word (.doc, .docx), Powerpoint (.ppt), OpenOffice (.ods, .odp), WordPerfect (.wpd), and Rich Text Format (.rft).
Also before signing up think about your user name and web URL as once you have signed up, you cannot change your username or web URL.
Go to Issuu.com and look for an orange radio button that says “Try Now” or “Sign Up”. You will be asked to register with an email address and create a user name and web URL. Please choose your username and web URL wisely as once you choose it, you cannot change it. Once signed up, you can log into your account and start publishing your documents. Here is a great tutorial video that can get you started: Getting started on Issuu
Absolutely. You will also save 10% on your annual cost of Issuu by doing so. When you decide to upgrade, please go under your account settings -> services and plans tab -> press upgrade to the annual plan of your choosing.
Absolutely. You can choose to pay for Issuu on a monthly basis. When you are done, you can either delete your account or downgrade it to the basic plan.
- We do have a magnifier on our platform and the ability to enlarge the copy is possible. We do support gradients so that' it's easier to distinguish a background from the foreground. But we don't have an audio reader on the desktop at this time. And because of that, we are not ADA compliant. We will not be compliant for the foreseeable future.
- The workaround for this would be on mobile. If you turned your content into Stories (a feature on Issuu), and had readers turn on their audio assistance reader on their mobile, then this would work. If you are specifically looking for desktop assistance, that is something we don't support.
Our Basic, Starter, and Premium accounts get 1 unlisted document included in their accounts. If you would like to get more unlisted uploads on your account, you can purchase additional unlisted documents under your services or plans under your account settings. Alternatively, you can upgrade to our optimum subscription for unlimited unlisted.
To remove ads from embeds and full screen experiences you will need to choose the Premium or Optimum subscription.
Please view our Issuu account page. You can view our case studies by looking for content starting with Issuu Case Study.
Yes, please contact email@example.com.
- Issuu has a partnership with Stripe, a leading online payment platform, so publishers can charge for their publications and collect credit and debit card payments from their readers.
- Our selling publishers can collect the payments from Issuu readers only via Stripe.
- NOTE: There are currently 34 supported countries by Stripe at this time. Click here to see a list of supported countries by Stripe.
No, Issuu is visited by millions of users every month and can handle large volumes of traffic.
Our Basic, Starter, and Premium accounts get 1 unlisted document included in their accounts. If you need more you can buy more ala cart for $5 per month. You need to Upgrade to one of the Unlisted options which is listed in the dropdown menu under each and every plan on Account Services Page.