1. How do I upload content on Issuu?
- From your Publisher Homepage, select the UPLOAD icon or click ADD CONTENT button from Side Navigation Menu
- Click SELECT FILE TO UPLOAD or simply drag your file into the box
- Once you've selected a file, it will go through different steps of the conversion process. When your file is fully converted you can see how your content will appear in the Issuu reader
2. What is the content upload limit?
Currently, there is no limit on the number of documents you can upload to your Issuu account as long as the content is set to Public. However, if you want to set your content to Unlisted, every Issuu plan comes with a limited number of free Unlisted documents. Once you reach that limit, you can subscribe to one of our Unlisted content packages.
NOTE: There is a limit on the size of each document you upload for both Public and Unlisted content.
- Free, Starter and legacy Pro Plans: 500 pages per document up to 100MB in size
- Legacy Plus Plan: 500 pages per document, up to 250MB in size
- Premium and Optimum Plans: 5000 pages per document, up to 500MB in size
3. How can I change my Issuu account username/Web address?
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to change your Issuu account username and therefore, you can not change your web address, because your username appears in the web address.
For example - issuu.com/username
NOTE: When setting up new account, please make sure to use the email sign up option, as this will allow you to manually choose a new username. Any statistics associated with publications on the old account will not be transferred to the new account when you re-upload the publications.
Please see article for more information, Changing Account Username.
4. How can I change my document name in the document URL?
If you want a new document URL, you have to change the file name of the content on your computer, upload the content as a new document on Issuu and then delete the old content with the old URL from your Issuu account (if you want to).
NOTE: Deleting content will also delete statistics of the content.
After uploading the document on Issuu, the document name, that displays in the document URL is same as the document name on your computer. Therefore, before uploading content on Issuu, make sure that the title of your content is how you would like to appear in the Issuu URL.
5. How can I delete my content?
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Find the content you want to delete and click the DELETE icon/button
- A dialog box will pop-up and you will be asked to confirm the document deletion.You will have to select DELETE to remove the document from your Issuu account.
NOTE: Once the content has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. You can upload the same document again, but it will not carry the statistics of the previously uploaded version.
6. How can I change my Issuu email address and account details?
- Login to issuu.com, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and Select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Go to bottom of the page to PERSONAL INFORMATION tab and update your account details. To change your email address Click to set a new email
- In the pop up window, set your new email address and click on SET NEW EMAIL
- A confirmation email is now sent to your new email address
- Open the new email account in a new tab, under the same window, where you are still logged in with your Issuu account. Click on Confirm email address button
NOTE: After changing your email address, a confirmation email will be sent to the new email address. Click the link in the email to confirm the change. You have to be signed in to your Issuu account, while clicking the confirmation link. Otherwise, the email change will not be confirmed.
7. Where can I update my billing information? (Payment method, Billing address, Billing email)
- Login to your issuu account, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Under the BILLING tab, select the link for the item you would like to change
- On the overlay that appears, add your new billing information and choose SUBMIT
NOTE: If the overlay screen does not appear, check to make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker activated. If so, change the settings to allow pop-ups from issuu.com.
Please see article for more information, Updating your billing information.
8. How can I download my invoice as PDF?
- Login to your Issuu Account
- Hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Click on BILLING tab from the horizontal menu
- Click on the invoice from Your invoice history
- Click on PRINT icon and then SAVE button to download invoice as PDF
9. How can I keep a track of number of documents downloaded in Statistics?
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not keep track of the number of times a document has been Downloaded. However, we are happy to put this down as a feature request.
10. How can I remove advertisements related to my content?
It is important to understand that there are two reading experiences.
1. Issuu website (www.issuu.com)
On www.issuu.com, If you are on our Basic or Starter plan, advertisements will display above, below or next to your content. However, these advertisements can be removed by upgrading to either our Premium or Optimum plan.
NOTE: Read More, Popular Now, See More are not advertisements and will always remain on the screen, no matter what plan you are on.
2. Your Website or Blog page using our embed feature
When readers are directed to your Website or Blog, you can remove advertisements, Read More, Popular Now, See More by using our Full Screen Shareable Reader feature.
Each document when uploaded is assigned a URL. Follow below instructions to customise your publication -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Click on the content you want to share or embed as full screen
- Click on ADD TO WEBSITE under Generate Awareness
- Customise the content as per your desire (You can remove Powered by issuu, Show your other publications as suggestions, Hide the share button)
- Click on GET CODE
You can use this URL to embed in your website or blog or you can simply send this URL to readers or share on social media.
11. Where can I read my purchased content?
Follow the instructions below to find your purchased content -
- Login to your account
- Hover over READ and click Purchases
NOTE: In Issuu app, click on your profile picture, and under your profile, click Purchases. Make sure your Issuu app is up to date for the best experience.
Please see article for more information, Where to Read Purchased Content.
12. How can I download Statistics of my content?
With a Premium or Optimum plan, you can download statistics for individual documents. Access the statistics of particular content and click the DOWNLOAD button to download lifetime statistics for the content.
Under Basic or Starter plan, you can only access all-time statistics for all your content, and they cannot be downloaded.
Please see article for more information, How to Download Statistics.
13. How do I cancel my subscription?
If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you must downgrade to our Basic (free) plan. To downgrade to Basic plan -
- Login to your Issuu account, hover over your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the dropdown menu
- Under the SERVICES & PLANS tab, select DOWNGRADE under the Basic plan description and then choose CONTINUE
- Follow the prompts on the next few screens to complete the downgrade process
At the end of the process, a Cancel confirmation pop-up will be prompted as well as Cancel confirmation email will be sent for your records.
After you have successfully downgraded, the system will give you the expiration date of your subscription, after which you will be downgraded to Basic plan. Your subscription and benefits will be available for you until your subscription expires.
NOTE: You cannot downgrade to our Basic plan if there is an outstanding balance on your account. If you need any help with this, please contact our support team by clicking Submit a request at the bottom of the page.
14. How to download content?
There are two methods for downloading Issuu publications. However, not all publishers allow download of their content.
1. While reading on Issuu, If the publisher allows download
Click DOWNLOAD right below the publication and choose where you want to save the file on your computer or device.
NOTE: If the publisher does not allow download, the DOWNLOAD button will be greyed out. Also, you can download only 25 publications in a 24-hour period.
2. While downloading your own publications via your Publisher Homepage
To download your own publications -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu
- Click on the Publication that you want to download
- Select DOWNLOAD (The file will be automatically saved on your computer or device).
Please see article for more information, Downloading Publications.
15. How can I remove my personal information from a document which I have not published?
Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, we cannot share the contact information of our Publishers. However, some Publishers add a website address to their Publisher Profile Page, which would help you to get in touch with them.
Please see article for more information, Contact a Publisher.
16. How can I login to a Group account?
To access your group account, first you need to login to your individual account and then you can switch or toggle to your group account from the toolbar you get by hovering over the profile image.
Please see article for more information, Groups.
17. How do I merge my pages into one document?
Unfortunately, your single pdf files/pages have to be together in one file before you upload it on our system. We currently do not provide the ability to create a book on the Issuu Platform.
Here is a link that shows how to merge pages into a PDF file -
This video might also be helpful if you're using Photoshop -
18. How can I embed my own Publication?
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the publication you want to embed
- Click on ADD TO WEBSITE under Generate Awareness from right hand side corner and click ADD TO WEBSITE again and it will take you to the embed widget
- Adjust the styling options, See this guide to learn about different customisation options
- Select CREATE NEW to save your custom embed style
- Name your embed style, then choose CONFIRM
- Select GET CODE
- Select the type of code you need
- Choose COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- Add the code to your website, CMS, blog or social channel
Please see article for more information, Embedding Your Own Publication.
19. What type of Payment methods are accepted by Issuu?
We accept major credit and debit cards and PayPal for Payment only.
Accepted Credit and Debit card include - Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, Discover, Diners Club
NOTE: The billing name and address must match the credit card owner otherwise the payment will not be processed.
If the payment is declined, please see Payment Failure Alert for more information.
20. How do I sign up for a free trial?
All our paid plans (Starter, Premium and Optimum) come with a 14-day free trial period for new accounts. User can sign up for a free trial in two ways -
1. From Pricing page
- Go to our Pricing page
- Choose the plan you would like to try out and then click on START FREE TRIAL
- Once you have clicked on START FREE TRIAL, you will be asked to fill out your account and billing details in order to create your account
2. From https://issuu.com
- Go to https://issuu.com
- Click on BECOME A PUBLISHER
- Click on START FREE TRIAL, you will be asked to fill out your account and billing details in order to create your account
To create your account -
- Enter your email address and select a password, Accept the Terms of Service and click SUBMIT to continue
- Select your preferred username (which is your permanent profile URL), profile name and click CREATE MY ACCOUNT
- Fill out your billing information and click SUBMIT to complete the process
NOTE: Your subscription will renew automatically and you will be charged the subscription fee after the free trial expires in 14 days. If during the trial period you decide to cancel, please downgrade your account to FREE before the free trial period ends, so that it will not be charged.
Please see article for more information, 14 Day Trial.
21. Can I order printed copies of Publications?
Publishers can order printed copies of their own publications. Publisher Print-on-Demand (PPOD) is a partnership with Peecho that allows Issuu publishers to order high-quality printed copies of their publications. This printing feature is automatically available to all publishers, even if you have a free Issuu account.
NOTE: Readers do not have the option to purchase print copies of your content.
To order printed copies -
- Click Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the content for which you want printed copies
- Go to PRINT and click on ORDER PRINT button
NOTE: If ORDER PRINT button is disabled, your publication does not meet the minimum print requirements established by our print partner.
Please see article for more information, Ordering Printed Copies of Publications.
3. Select the type of print, print size, colour or black & white and the number of copies
NOTE: Each of these options will also affect the price of your printed publications.
- Add your shipping information and review the order
- Complete the payment section, then place your order
NOTE: Print on demand service is not part of your Issuu subscription. Please visit Peecho’s website for more information on getting your publication ready for print.
22. What will happen to my Publications if I cancel or downgrade my subscription?
Your publications are still accessible online, even after your subscription expires or after you downgrade your subscription. The paid features that came with your subscription plan will not be accessible to user anymore. (Our different plans have a different limitations on the size of the document before uploading.)
Please see article for more information, Preparing Documents for Upload.
23. What should I do if I don’t want to wait for 14 days trial period and directly go for a Plan that I have selected?
All our paid plans (Starter, Premium and Optimum), that come up with 14-day free trial period for new accounts, will automatically convert to a paid plan 13 days after the date and time you sign up (Day of sign up is Day 1).
NOTE: When you are on trial period, you do have access to all the feature of the plan that you have selected, regardless of trial or subscription state.
24. Why my Publication is showing 4 page-spread instead of 2 page-spread?
On the main issuu website, the default view for all publications is the 2-page spread. Please upload your content with single-page spreads. Our system will automatically convert them to 2-page spreads. If you upload your content with 2-page spreads, they will show up on Issuu as 4 pages.
25. If I add links in my content through Add Links and Media feature, should I be able to see links in the downloaded version of the content?
No, those links will not appear in the downloaded version of the content because Issuu doesn't modify the original file.
26. How do I sign up as a Publisher?
To sign up as a Publisher, please visit Creating an Issuu Account. You can either sign up on Issuu for free or sign up for one of our paid plans to access exclusive features like the ability to sell your content, share your work in a full-screen reader, page-level statistics and more.
New user can sign up for 14-day free trial, so that you can try one of our paid plans for free and see if it works best for you.