Issuu’s seamless embedded video experience takes your multimedia content to the next level. If you are a Premium or Optimum user, you can now embed Youtube/Vimeo videos directly onto pages in your content and have it played automatically. To be able to use this feature, you need to get on one of these plans (Premium or Optimum).
To add a video in your content, just follow these steps:
- Go to PUBLICATION LIST and choose the content you want to update, and click on LINKS
- When your Link Editor opens, click on the page you want to add your video to
- Select the area within the page in which you want to add the video
- Select "Video" when the "Add Link/Video" prompt pops up
- Insert your URL to the video
- Select a) Play in Overlay, b) Embed in Publication or c) Embed in publication and autoplay
- Click DONE
Play in Overlay (Available on all plans)
Choose this option when you want your content to be interactive. Meaning you can control the asset you display to represent the video (versus displaying the default YouTube or Vimeo thumbnail). Once the reader presses play, the video will play in overlay.
Embed in Publication (Available on Premium and Optimum plans)
Choose this option so the reader has to press play for the video to begin.
Embed in Publication and Autoplay (Available on Premium and Optimum plans)
Choose this option when you want your video to play automatically as soon the reader turns the page.
NOTE: Videos are only embedded and autoplaying if they are at least 210x120px or 120x210px. On smaller screens or in small embeds where this requirement cannot be met, they will play in an overlay instead. For the best experience on pages in portrait mode, the video should span at least 2/3 of the page width or half of the page height.