Issuu provides a feature to embed Videos in your content which takes your multimedia content to the next level. With our Premium or Optimum plan, you can embed Youtube/Vimeo videos directly in your content.
Adding Video in Content
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and click on the content you want to update and you will be directed to Publishing Workspace
- Under Enhance, click ADD LINKS AND VIDEO
- When LINK EDITOR opens, first select a page, then draw a box around the area of the page where you want to add video
- Select VIDEO option from new pop-up window
- Insert URL and select one of the options from Play in Overlay, Embed in Publication, Embed in Publication and Autoplay
- Click DONE and click SAVE
Play in Overlay (Available on all plans)
It will make your content interactive. Once the reader click play button, the video will play in overlay.
Embed in Publication (Available on Premium and Optimum plans)
Reader has to click the play button to start the video.
Embed in Publication and Autoplay (Available on Premium and Optimum plans)
The video will play automatically as soon the reader turns the page of the content.
NOTE: If you're selling content, please note that Youtube videos cannot be embedded behind a paywall following their terms of service. You need to seek approval from Youtube directly before you embed videos on pages that are not part of the free preview pages.
NOTE: To embed and autoplay video, it should be at least 210x120px or 120x210px. Videos will always play in overlay if there is not sufficient space to insert the embed. For the best experience on pages in portrait mode, the video should span at least 2/3 of the page width or half of the page height.