Create shareable Issuu Stories from directly from your content on Issuu and give your audience a focused look at what’s inside. By selecting and sharing individual Stories, you can fuel your social media calendar with fresh content and highlight exclusive features or articles that will grab the attention of readers new and old. Stories give readers a better sense of what’s inside your content — beyond just the cover.
Learn how to create, customize and share Stories below.
How to Create Stories
1) Go to your Issuu publisher dashboard.
2) Click SOCIAL TOOLS in the sub-navigation. You'll be directed straight to SHARE STORIES.
3) Using the dropdown box, select the content you want to create Stories for.
4) Select the specific pages you want to share, then add a title, description and category.
5) Click NEXT if you want to continue to optimize the Story for mobile scrolling and reading.
6) On the mobile optimization page, the content of the selected pages should automatically populate on the left side. On the right side, you have the option to customize your headlines, bylines, featured image and more. You can add all detected segments as well as delete, split, merge or move paragraphs and images.
7) When you’re finished customizing your mobile optimization options, you can preview the Story by clicking on the eye icon. If you are happy with the Story click on PUBLISH.
8) Your Story is now mobile-optimized and ready to share. Click on COPY LINK and share the Story with your readers. You can find tips here.
When people read your story on a mobile device, they will see this enhanced mobile optimized version. If they read the Story on desktop, it will open your Issuu content on the first page of the Story.
NOTE: If you want to create a Story from content you have listed for sale, the pages that aren't included in the preview will be blurry. To update the preview pages (visible pages of the Issuu content), go to the SELL SETTINGS and reselect the preview spreads.
Where Else Can Readers See my Stories
1) On the document page the Stories are listed under WHAT'S INSIDE, so your readers get better understanding of what to expect when they open your content:
2) On your profile page, the readers can see the list of all your content including the Stories. If they check the box "Show Stories Inside", they will be able to see the Stories you created: