Note: Join our free weekly interactive Issuu Academy Workshop (North America) or Issuu Academy Workshop (EU) for a live demo on tracking statistics on Issuu and interact with our Customer Success Team. PS: You can join 1, 2, or all 3 of the workshops when you register. You do not need to attend all 3 of the workshops included in the series.
The statistics of your content give you a better insight into the visibility of your content on Issuu platform such as - who is viewing your content, how your content is being viewed, how many people are engaged in your work etc. This information is gathered through data such as impressions, reads, read time, shares, and more.
The statistics dashboards are updated once a day around 08:00 am according to UTC time.
NOTE: We don't track unique readers. So if a reader views your content multiple times, all their views are counted.
- Impressions are the number of times that your content was served or shown on the Issuu network, whether in someone’s feed (as a thumbnail), search results, or on a website where you have embedded the content
- Reads are counted when someone opens your content and either performs an action (by flipping the page, zooming, etc.) or stays for more than two seconds
- Read Time will be counted once the content has been loaded for two seconds (when considered a Read). The time is tracked in milliseconds i.e. why it is represented in the same format in the downloaded statistics files. But It is shown in hours: minutes: seconds format in the statistics dashboards on Issuu.
- Read Time for Article Story: We have a limit of 10 minutes on article story pages if the tab is active. So a user can leave the tab without interacting and we would wait until 10 minutes before we stop tracking the read time. But if they switch a tab then we immediately stop tracking the read time.
- Average Time Spent is Read Time divided by Reads
- Clicks are the number of times link(s) has been clicked on within your content
Reading Devices and Source and Readers Around the World
- Reading Devices will show what amount of your readers are viewing your content through desktop, tablet, or mobile
- Source will show if your readers are viewing the content directly on Issuu or through an embed. If they are viewing it from the Shareable Full-Screen Reader it will be counted as coming from an embed
- Readers Around the World will show the number of Reads broken down by country. You can see the top 10 countries on the below map: