There are two methods you can use when updating layouts.
1. Uploading pages for review via the InDesign Extension (recommended)
When the layout has been made and you want to upload it for review in Collaborate, use the Upload Layout button in the InDesign Extension (CC2014 and up). This can then be seen in the Layout tab in Collaborate:
The content uploaded to Collaborate is a PDF of each page using a specific set of InDesign export settings that is programmed into the extension.
2. Uploading pages manually to Collaborate for review
Here’s how to manually upload your layout for review:
- Click on the Layout Upload button located on the right-hand side.
- In the pop-up window, you can choose which pages on the flatplan you wish to upload to by specifying the start page and end page. For example, if you are uploading the layout for pages 2 through 5 of the flatplan, you will select 2 for start page and 5 for the end page.
- Once uploaded, an orange sidebar will indicate that a page contains a layout. After uploading, your page layouts will appear as In Progress on the status bar, and each will show the corresponding orange-colored sidebar.