Although readers can embed Issuu content around the web, publishers have more customization options when setting up embeds for their website, CMS, blog or social channels.
As a publisher, embedding a publication allows you to determine the size, appearance and sharing capabilities of your content, giving you a control over how your work is displayed to readers.
This article explains how to customize and embed your Issuu publications and choose the right embed code for your site.
For All Publishers
1. Go to Publications from side Navigation Menu and select the publication you want to embed
2. Under Share, select EMBED ON WEBSITE and it will open an embed widget
3. Adjust the styling options (See this guide to learn more about different customization options)
TIP: As you change different variables, your Embed Reader preview at the top will automatically update.
4. Select CREATE NEW to save your custom embed style
5. Name your embed style, then choose CONFIRM
6. Select GET CODE
TIP: If you are editing a previously-saved embed style, you can skip steps 3-5. Once your edits are made, select SAVE AND GET CODE. All edits (other than sizing) will be automatically updated wherever you’ve already added the embed.
7. Select the type of code you need. Below you can learn the difference between the codes
8. Choose COPY TO CLIPBOARD
9. Add embed code to your website, CMS, blog or social channel
Embedding on Specific Sites
Depending on where you are trying to embed or share your publication, you will need the right embed code. Below is the description of different types of Embed Code:
It works for most of the sites and is the recommended way to embed on specific sites.
It is the best out-of-the-box solution for publishers that do not need any customization.
- Sites like Tumblr and Wordpress automatically embed your publication when you place the Link URL in a post.
- On LinkedIn you have to go to your Profile -->Experience section, click edit, choose link and paste a publication URL. (There is no need to use any sort of embed code, you can just use a regular URL).
- This link also serves as a Shareable Full-Screen Reader. (If you encounter problems adding your Shareable Full-Screen Reader link on your Wordpress site, try using iFrame or Default code).
NOTE: We do not offer licensing, hosting or downloading of our software on any servers other than our own.