We believe hard-working, independent publishers deserve to be paid by the readers who love their content. Publishers also deserve better than a sales system that simply emails a PDF to paying customers. Through Digital Sales, publishers can sell digital access to their content on Issuu, whether as a subscription or single issues. All you need to do is set up a Stripe account and share your for-sale content to provide your audience with a great reading experience on any device.
- Readers can enjoy their purchased magazines on any device, using issuu.com or the Android or iOS mobile apps
- Super easy to set up in just 15 minutes
- Sell subscription or single issues
- Create enticing preview editions to share on social media
- Get paid quickly, directly and fairly through Stripe
- Only verified purchasers will be able to read your full magazine
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Issuu decided to waive any commission fee. This means we leave 100% of revenue from Digital Sales to our customers, leaving only credit card transaction fees
- To sell and be able to receive the payment you need a Stripe account. Click here to see a list of Stripe supported countries
NOTE: Digital Sales is currently not available for Indian publishers. If you are based in India and you want to sell your content, then even though you have an Indian Stripe account, it won't be possible to connect it under Digital Sales to sell on Issuu.
NOTE (COVID-19): As Digital Sales is available to all free users from March 25th, 2020 and remain free through end of 2020 we also decided to waive our revenue share requirement. This means we leave 100% of revenues from Digital Sales to our customers, leaving only credit card transaction fees.
- Case Studies - have an intimate look at the journey of three of our publishers.
How to Put Publication for Sale
- Login to your account
- You can either
2.a. Upload a new publication and put it for sale
2.b. Put existing publication for sale
2.a. New Publication
1. Upload the publication and fill out information like Publication Title, Description, Type, Availability etc.
2. Click Sell and set the price and currency, create the preview and decide if it should be included in your subscription
3. Click PUBLISH
NOTE: While putting your first publication on sale you will have to connect with Stripe (step by step guide for Stripe setup) to accept payments.
2.b. Existing Publication
1. Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the publication you want to sell.
2. Click Sell and under SETTINGS set the price and currency, create the preview under PREVIEW PAGES, and decide if the publication should be included in your subscription.
3. Once you set up your publication for sale, you can share and promote your for-sale content using below sharing options:
Stop Selling a Publication
If you want to stop selling a Publication, please follow article: Stop selling a publication.
Give Free Access to a Publication
If you want to give free access to a particular publication to some readers (print subscribers, advertisers, people featured in the magazine etc.), please follow this article: Create free access codes.
View Your For-Sale Publication With All Pages Available
To view the publication with all pages (both preview and hidden pages)
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the publication and you will be directed to Publishing Workspace
- Select PUBLICATION or CREATE and you will be able to click on View full edition.
Sell My Content as Subscription
If you want to provide subscription to your readers, so that they can subscribe to your current and upcoming issues, then follow article : Selling Publications as Subscription.
Promote and Drive Sales to My Content
Read some tips on how to drive more sales for your digital Sales publications and how to promote your content and attract more readers.