When you want to upload content on Issuu, there are two options of publishing your content.
- A Public content is available on the web because it has been indexed by various search engines
- All plans come with different amount of public uploads. All free accounts are able to upload 2 public documents per year. Starter comes with 6 public documents per year, Premium comes with 12 public documents per year, and with Optimum you can upload Unlimited public documents.
- An Unlisted content is excluded from issuu.com search engine and community but is accessible only to those with a document URL
- It gives you an opportunity to test how your content works and looks before it goes live
- It allows you to create a Private Library of documents that is available only to members of a specified group or company or for yourself
- If you want to set your content to Unlisted, every Issuu plan comes with a limited number of free Unlisted documents except Optimum plan. Once you reach that limit, you can subscribe to one of our Unlisted content packages
NOTE: Currently, we do not offer password protection for Unlisted document URL. So, we highly recommend, you do not share document URL publicly, as another search engine might discover and index it, effectively making it Public.
Please see article for more information: Publishing Content as Unlisted.
Pricing of Unlisted Content
If you are not subscribed for Optimum plan and want to make more documents Unlisted, you can easily add more on the Account Services page as demonstrated in our help center article: Reaching the Unlisted Content Limit.
NOTE: Unlisted storage Add-Ons are billed monthly or yearly, until cancelled. When you choose to cancel the Unlisted storage, you will no longer be able to upload any new Unlisted content.
You can always make Unlisted content Public. However, you can not revert a Public content back to Unlisted.
Please see article for more information: Making Public Content Unlisted.