Once you sign up for Issuu account, you are just a few steps away from publishing your content to a large audience. Use our Drafting feature to preview and prepare your document for uploading.
Drafting Your Content
1. Login to your Issuu account, click on UPLOAD button (This will take you to the Publication Workspace)
2. Choose from Your Device/Dropbox/Google Drive to upload your file
3. Once you have selected a file, it will go through different steps of the conversion process. When your file is fully converted you can see how your content will appear in the Issuu reader
4. Your content is now saved as a draft and will be available for editing. All drafts can be found in your DRAFTS
NOTE: You have to combine all pages to form a single PDF before uploading to Issuu. You cannot combine pages once you have uploaded files to Issuu.
To Upload from Dropbox
- Select Dropbox to upload file
- Login to Dropbox (If you are already logged into Dropbox, it will directly take you to your account)
- Select file to upload
To Upload from Google drive
- Select Google Drive to upload file
- Login to your email account from which you want to upload file (If you are already logged into your email account, it will directly take you to your drive)
- Select file to upload
Publish Your Content
Once the content is uploaded, you can see auto detected Article Stories for your content on the right hand side of you Publication Workspace.
NOTE: Article Stories will be detected automatically during document upload time only if your document has Table of Content. All Article Stories will be automatically selected. So if you don't wish to publish all Article Stories you'll have to deselect those Stories.
Article Stories will not be detected automatically, when a publication does not have table of content, and you will get below screen. You can click on CREATE NEW STORY to create Article Stories and publish them together with newly uploaded content.
To get more information about Article Stories, please see article, Article Story Detection during Document Upload Time.
While you are waiting for your content to convert it's time to fill out information for the content:
- TITLE - a title is required for the work to be published
- DESCRIPTION - a description is optional, however adding a detailed title and description will help with SEO
- TYPE - tell us what type of content you're publishing
- BACKDATE - setting a backdate will affect the order of your content on your Publication List and on your profile page
- DETECTED LINKS - as part of the Premium and Optimum subscriptions you can enable detected links. Learn more about what type of links can be detected here
- AVAILABILITY - here you need to choose if you want to make your content PUBLIC, so it's available everywhere on the web, UNLISTED, which means that only readers with the link can see the content, or SCHEDULE your content to be published later if you're a Premium or Optimum subscriber. If you schedule your content, until it gets published it will be accessible under SCHEDULED.
- DOWNLOADS - with a Premium or Optimum subscription you can make your content downloadable on Issuu.com and in your embeds
- ADVERTISEMENTS - all banner ads will not be shown beside your content on Issuu.com or in our apps if you're subscribed to the Premium or Optimum subscription
Once you have finalized your selections, click PUBLISH NOW to publish and you will see your beautiful Issuu publication! All your published contents are available in PUBLISHED section under Publications.
Sharing your Publication right after Publishing
- Once you publish your content, you can share your publication on different social platform.
- You can also share Full-screen link by clicking on Full-screen Sharing. It will take you to the Full Screen Sharing editor where you can customise your full-screen sharing. Please follow below help article for more details - Customizing Shareable Full-screen Reader