Publishing on Issuu is as easy as uploading your content file. Follow the guidelines below for document sizes, spreads and file types to ensure your file is correctly formatted for publication and to avoid conversion problems.
Basic Document Requirements
Your documents MUST comply with these requirements:
- Free, Starter and legacy Pro Plans: 500 pages per upload, up to 100MB in size
- Legacy Plus Plan: 500 pages per upload, up to 250MB in size
- Premium and Optimum Plans: 5000 pages per upload, up to 500MB in size
Single Page Spreads
Please upload your content with single-page spreads. Our system will automatically convert them to 2-page spreads. If you upload your content with 2-page spreads, they will show up on Issuu as 4 pages.
Accepted File Types
Our most highly recommended file type is PDF, but we understand the need for others. Acceptable file types include:
- Rich Text Format
- Make sure your document will open without problems in a desktop reader (e.g. Acrobat Reader or Preview).
- Make sure your file is not password protected.
- Make sure user access is not restricted; allow printing and copying.
- Image resolution can be up to 150 dpi. Higher resolutions will be scaled down to suit web usage.
- If you have added links, then export the document as “Interactive PDF”
Note: If you're using InDesign to create your content, you can download this Issuu Export Preset and add it to your presets to ensure that during the export process, your PDF is Issuu-ready.
If you encounter upload problems, refer to this guide. Happy uploading!