Preparing Documents for Upload
Publishing on Issuu is as easy as uploading your publication file. Follow the requirements below to ensure that your file is prepared correctly and to avoid any conversion problems.
Basic Document Requirements
Your documents MUST comply with these requirements:
- Free and Legacy Pro Plans: 500 pages per publication, up to 100MB in size
- Legacy Plus Plan: 500 pages per publication, up to 250MB in size
- Premium and Optimum Plans: 5000 pages per publication, up to 500MB in size
Please upload your publication with single-page spreads. Our system will automatically convert them to 2-page spreads. If you upload your publication with 2-page spreads, they will show up on Issuu as 4 pages.
Accepted File Types
Our most highly recommended file type is PDF, but we understand the need for others. Acceptable file types include:
- PDF (versions 1.0-1.5)
- Word (DOC)
- PowerPoint (PPT)
- OpenOffice (ODS, ODP)
- WordPerfect (WPD)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- StarOffice (SXI, SXW)
Note: We will convert PDF versions above v 1.5 and they usually look okay — we just can't guarantee anything!
- Make sure your document will open without problems in a desktop reader (e.g. Acrobat Reader or Preview)
- Make sure your file is not password protected.
- Make sure user access is not restricted and to allow printing and copying
- Image resolution can be up to 150 dpi. Higher resolutions will be scaled down to suit web usage.
Note: If you're using InDesign to create your publication, you can download this issuu Export Preset to ensure that during the export process, your PDF is issuu-ready.
If you encounter upload problems, please refer to this guide. Happy uploading!