Sharing your Issuu content is a great way to keep readers up to date as well as introduce your content to new audience.
There are three methods for sharing your content on Issuu:
- While Reading on Issuu
- From Publisher Homepage
- Using Issuu Shareable Full-Screen Reader
While Reading on Issuu (Sharing publication as Reader)
- Select SHARE below the Publication that you are reading
- Choose the starting page from where you want to share
- Choose between sharing via social media sites or email or simply copy the URL to share. You can also copy an embed code to insert on your website
From Publishing Workspace (Sharing publication as Publisher)
A second way to share your own content:
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and click the content you would like to share
- Under Share, select SHARE LINKS
- Under Link to Issuu, click COPY
Using Issuu Shareable Full-Screen Reader
Content uploaded to Issuu is viewed in Issuu Reader, which includes built-in features such as Save, Like, Share and Download across the bottom of the screen.
With our paid plans: Starter, Premium and Optimum, readers can access your publications with Issuu Shareable Full-Screen Reader, presenting your content in beautiful full-screen display without seeing extra features or Related Publications which helps readers to focus only on your Publication.
NOTE: Users on Basic/Free plan can not get link to fullscreen mode on Issuu.
Please follow article for Sharing Customizable Full-screen Reader.
Troubleshooting Shared Content Issues on Facebook
There are two reasons why you might be experiencing issues while sharing your content on Facebook
1. Document Not Available
To solve this problem follow below steps:
- Go to the post on Facebook
- From the dropdown menu inside the post, select REFRESH SHARE ATTACHMENT
- Choose SAVE in the bottom right hand corner
- If this doesn’t resolve your problem, remove the post from Facebook, then use Facebook debug tool to clear the cache
- Enter the Issuu document URL, select DEBUG and then FETCH NEW SCRAPE INFORMATION or SCRAPE AGAIN
- Clear your browser cache and history, then restart your browser
- Finally, repost the document on Facebook
2. Improper URL
Another reason your content may not be showing up on Facebook is because the URL ends with underscore ( _) . If the content is not yours, try reaching out to the publisher to make them aware of the problem by sharing this article. If the content is yours, please follow below steps:
- Change the filename of your content so it does not end with underscore
- Delete the old version from Issuu and upload as a new publication
- Once the new publication is ready on Issuu, go back and follow one of the two sharing methods at the top of this article