PS: Join our free weekly interactive Issuu Academy Workshop (North America) or Issuu Academy Workshop (EU) for a live demo of all the various methods you can share your content via Issuu and interact with our Customer Success Team. NOTE: You can join 1, 2, or all 3 of the workshops when you register. You do not need to attend all 3 of the workshops included in the series.
Sharing Content as a Publisher
Once your publication is published you have a variety of ways to distribute it across your channels. Even though there are millions of readers on Issuu, sharing your content actively is a key element to keep readers up to date as well as introduce your content to new audiences.
There are several methods and formats for sharing your content on Issuu:
- Publication link (document page on Issuu) - link
- Fullscreen Reader (paid feature) - link
- Embeds (paid feature) - iframe code
- Article Stories - link
- Visual Stories - mp4 video or link
- GIFs - mp4 or GIF
Sharing your publication right after Publishing
- Once you publish your content, you can share your publication on different social platform.
- You can also share Full-screen link by clicking on Full-screen Sharing. It will take you to the Full Screen Sharing editor where you can customise your full-screen sharing. Please follow below help article for more details - Customizing Shareable Full-screen Reader
Sharing a publication link
To share the publication link (known also as a document page on Issuu) go to your publisher workspace and follow the below steps.
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and click the content you would like to share
- Under Share, select Share Links
- Under Share Publication Link, click COPY. You can also share the publication directly through your social media channels or email by clicking on any of the buttons below the link.
Fullscreen Sharing (Shareable Full-screen Reader Link)
You can distribute your publication in fullscreen view and share this link through your social media and newsletters. It displays the publication in a beautiful fullscreen view without seeing Related Publications from other publishers. This helps readers to focus only on your content.
NOTE: Users on Basic/Free plan are not able to create a fullscreen reader link. The feature is available on our paid plans (Starter, Premium and Optimum) only.
- Go to Publications from Side Navigation Menu and select the content
- Under Share, select Fullscreen Sharing and it will open an editor
- Customize the styling options
- Click SAVE AND GET LINK
You can follow the article for Sharing Customizable Fullscreen Reader.
Embed your publication on a website
As a publisher you can embed the publication directly on your website. This way you can keep your readers on your site to flip through your content.
NOTE: The Embed feature is not available on our Basic plan. It is available only on our paid plans - Starter, Premium and Optimum. Users on Basic plan will not have the ability to create embeds.
- Go to Publications from side Navigation Menu and select the publication you want to embed
- Under Share, select Embed on Website
- Adjust styling options. See this guide to learn more about different customization options
- Click GET EMBED CODE (iframe code to be put on your website)
You can create and share your content as individual pieces using our Article Stories feature. This also helps show your audience what is behind the cover, serves well as a table of content and helps you fill your content marketing calendar.
Other than that the Article Stories are optimized for mobile screens. See an example below.
To create Article Stories, please follow the Creating and Sharing Article Stories guide.
Once the Article Story is published you can share it from your publisher workspace. See the screenshot below:
With our Visual Stories you can share your content in the form of a video. Visual Stories let you combine visual elements and text from your publication. Here is an example.
To create Visual Stories, please follow the Visual Stories guide. When sharing via your channels you can either share the link, or you can download the Visual Story as a video and share it as Stories on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Animated GIF ( by default 900 x 900 pixels) is a useful eye-catching tool that takes just a minute to create.
Sharing Content as a Reader
If you are not the publisher but still want to share the content you can either share the publication URL or Article Stories if these are available.
Share a publication from a document page on Issuu
- Select SHARE below the publication. You can either share it from the beginning (Share from cover) or choose a particular starting page (Share from page).
- You can either share the publication directly through the available buttons (Fb, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, email) or you can copy the URL and share it that way.
- Once shared it will open the publication from the beginning or the page that you have selected.
Sharing from an embed or Fullscreen Reader link
If the publisher enables sharing from embeds or Fullscreen Reader link you will be able to share the publication through a SHARE button in the top right corner.
Sharing Article Story
If the publication has Stories inside these will be shown on the document page under STORIES INSIDE tab.
To read and share the Story go ahead and click on it. It will open in a new tab. You will be able to share the Story directly through your channels as well as copy the link to use it elsewhere.
Sharing links across social media
When sharing the publication, fullscreen, Article Story or Visual Story link with copied link remember to paste it and wait for the preview.
Once the preview populates, delete the link and replace it with engaging text.
When you review and proofread the post go ahead and publish it.
Troubleshooting Shared Content Issues on Facebook
There are two reasons why you might be experiencing issues while sharing your content on Facebook
1. Document Not Available
To solve this problem follow below steps:
- Go to the post on Facebook
- From the dropdown menu inside the post, select REFRESH SHARE ATTACHMENT
- Choose SAVE in the bottom right hand corner
- If this doesn’t resolve your problem, remove the post from Facebook, then use Facebook debug tool to clear the cache
- Enter the Issuu document URL, select DEBUG and then FETCH NEW SCRAPE INFORMATION or SCRAPE AGAIN
- Clear your browser cache and history, then restart your browser
- Finally, repost the document on Facebook
2. Improper URL
Another reason your content may not be showing up on Facebook is because the URL ends with underscore ( _) . If the content is not yours, try reaching out to the publisher to make them aware of the problem by sharing this article. If the content is yours, please follow below steps:
- Change the filename of your content so it does not end with underscore
- Delete the old version from Issuu and upload as a new publication
- Once the new publication is ready on Issuu, go back and follow one of the two sharing methods at the top of this article
Social Sharing Toolkit
Please follow our Social Sharing Toolkit to learn other smart sharing tactics to get the most eyes on your Publication.