Sharing your Issuu content is a great way to keep readers up to date as well as introduce your content to new audiences. On Issuu there are three methods for sharing: when reading on Issuu, via Publisher Homepage and using the Issuu Shareable Full-Screen Reader.
1) When Reading on Issuu
To share when reading any Issuu content:
1. Select "SHARE" below the content.
2. Choose the starting page. Leave it unchecked if you’d like it to start from the front page.
3. Choose between sharing via the social media sites represented, email or simply copy the URL to share.
2) From your Publisher Homepage
A second way to share your own content:
1. Navigate to the content in your Publication List and select "SHARE.”
2. Choose between sharing via the social media sites represented, email or simply copy the URL to share.
3) Using Shareable Full-Screen Reader
Content uploaded to Issuu are read in the Issuu Reader, which includes various features such as Save, Like, Share and Download built into the screen. To let readers read your content without these features or seeing Related Publications, we offer a Shareable Full-Screen Reader feature with our paid plans.
To see how to get the Shareable Full-Screen Reader link follow this guide.
Troubleshooting Shared Content Issues on Facebook
There are two reasons why you might be experiencing issues sharing your content on Facebook:
1) “Document Not Available”
To solve the problem follow these steps:
1. Go to the post on Facebook.
2. From the dropdown menu inside the post, select "Refresh share attachment."
3. Choose "SAVE" in the bottom righthand corner.
4. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, remove the post from Facebook, then use Facebook’s debug tool to clear the cache.
5. Enter the Issuu document URL, select “DEBUG” and then “FETCH NEW SCRAPE INFORMATION” or “SCRAPE AGAIN."
6. Clear your browser cache and history, then restart your browser.
7. Finally, repost the document on Facebook.
2) “Improper URL”
Another reason your content may not be showing up on Facebook is if the URL ends in an underscore (_). If the content isn’t yours, try reaching out to the publisher to make them aware of the problem by sharing this article. If the content is yours, please follow these steps:
1. Change the filename of your content so it doesn’t end with an underscore.
2. Delete the old version from Issuu and upload as a new publication.
3. Once the new publication is ready on Issuu, go back and follow one of the two sharing methods at the top of this article.
If you are still experiencing problems, we'd be happy to take a closer look. Please submit a ticket via the "SUBMIT A REQUEST" option at the top of this page.