We’ve made adding web, video and shopping links to your publications easy, so readers can directly interact with your content. When hovered over, links viewed within your publications show up as blue outlines around ads, videos and images, with icons to direct the desired interaction.
NOTE: Our system automatically detects hyperlinks within uploaded files that have been created using the link creator tool built into popular design software (e.g. InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, etc.). Additionally, issuu provides a link detection algorithm that will try to recognize links in the plain text of the publication. These can be activated with the Premium feature “INCLUDE DETECTED LINKS” on the settings page for each publication.
Using the Issuu Links feature
Any links needing to be added after uploading a publication are created using the Links, which is accessible from your Publisher Homepage. To use the Links:
1. Navigate to the publication in your Publication List and select “LINKS”.
2. First select a page, then draw a box around the area of the page where you want the link added.
3a. For web or video links, select "WEB OR VIDEO”.
3b. Paste the URL where you want the link to take readers.
3c. Choose “DONE” and “SAVE”.
1) Youtube/Vimeo video links will play in an overlay window. To prevent the related videos from appearing in the player window, you need to modify the embed code by adding ?rel=0 to the end of the URL in the code.
2) If you add links in your publication through Links feature after upload, then those won't be there in the downloaded version of the publication. It's because Issuu doesn't modify the original file.
4a. For new shopping links, select “SHOPPING”.
4b. Enter the link where readers can buy the featured product or service.
4c. Choose “DONE” and “SAVE”.
TIP: Regardless of the type of link you added, select "VIEW In READER" button, and a new window will open where you can view your publication with the newly added links.
To convert web links to shopping links or vice versa:
1. Select “CONVERT LINKS” at the top of the Links page.
2. Choose to convert all the links in your publication to shopping links or only those on certain pages.
3. Choose “CONVERT” and then “SAVE”.