We’ve made adding web, video and shopping links to your content easy, with Issuu Links. Readers can directly interact with your content and learn more about your brand. When hovered over, links within your content show up as blue outlines around ads, videos and images, with icons to direct the desired interaction. This article explains how to use the Link Editor, for all your content integration needs.
NOTE: Our system automatically detects hyperlinks within uploaded files that have been created using the link creator tool built into popular design software (e.g. InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, etc.). Additionally, Issuu provides a link detection algorithm that will try to recognize links in the plain text of the content. These can be activated with the Premium feature DETECTED LINKS in the BASIC INFORMATION for each upload.
Using the Issuu Links feature
Any links needing to be added after uploading content are created using the Links, which is accessible from the Publishing Workspace. To use the Links:
1. Go to Publications and click on the content you want to add links to and you'll be directed to the Publishing Workspace
2. Scroll down to ADD LINKS AND MEDIA and click the button to access the Link Editor
3. First select a page, then draw a box around the area of the page where you want the link added
4a. For web links, select WEB
4b. Paste the URL where you want the link to take readers
4c. Choose DONE and SAVE
NOTE: If you add links in your content through the Links feature after upload, then those won't be there in the downloaded version of the content. It's because Issuu doesn't modify the original file.
5a. For video links, please see this article explaining how to embed a video directly in your content
6a. For shopping links, select SHOPPING
6b. Enter the link where readers can buy the featured product or service. The link needs to be at least 50x50 px to show any icon
6c. Choose DONE and SAVE
TIP: Regardless of the type of link you added, select VIEW IN READER button, and a new window will open where you can view your content with the newly added links.
You can convert links to shopping links, web and video links or in-publication video links:
1. Select CONVERT LINKS at the top of the Links Editor
2. Choose to convert all the links in your content to another type of link or only those links on certain pages.
3. Choose CONVERT and then SAVE