We’ve made adding web, video and shopping links to your content easy, with Issuu Links. Readers can directly interact with your content and learn more about your brand. When hovered over, links within your content show up as blue outlines around ads, videos and images, with icons to direct the desired interaction. This article explains how to use the Links tool, for all your content integration needs.
NOTE: Our system automatically detects hyperlinks within uploaded files that have been created using the link creator tool built into popular design software (e.g. InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, etc.). Additionally, Issuu provides a link detection algorithm that will try to recognize links in the plain text of the content. These can be activated with the Premium feature “INCLUDE DETECTED LINKS” on the settings page for each upload.
Using the Issuu Links feature
Any links needing to be added after uploading content are created using the Links, which is accessible from your Publisher Homepage. To use the Links:
1. Navigate to the content in your Publication List and select “LINKS."
2. First select a page, then draw a box around the area of the page where you want the link added.
3a. For web or video links, select "WEB OR VIDEO."
3b. Paste the URL where you want the link to take readers.
3c. Choose “DONE” and “SAVE."
1) Youtube/Vimeo video links will play in an overlay window. To prevent the related videos from appearing in the player window, you need to modify the embed code by adding ?rel=0 to the end of the URL in the code.
2) If you add links in your content through the Links feature after upload, then those won't be there in the downloaded version of the content. It's because Issuu doesn't modify the original file.
4a. For new shopping links, select “SHOPPING."
4b. Enter the link where readers can buy the featured product or service. The link needs to be at least 50x50 px to show any icon.
4c. Choose “DONE” and “SAVE."
TIP: Regardless of the type of link you added, select "VIEW IN READER" button, and a new window will open where you can view your content with the newly added links.
To convert web links to shopping links or vice versa:
1. Select “CONVERT LINKS” at the top of the Links page.
2. Choose to convert all the links in your content to shopping links or only those on certain pages.
3. Choose “CONVERT” and then “SAVE."