Issuu's Premium plan is the most popular plan on Issuu. It is suitable for a wide spectrum of users, including professional publishers, organizations, and content creators alike. Premium unlocks the ability to control your brand, giving you access to enhanced customization, advanced embedding options, in-depth analytics, and more. Here’s all you need to know about using your Premium plan to its fullest!
Table of contents
Premium plan features
- Publish unlimited public documents, with each up to 5,000 pages and 500 MB
- Publish and host up to 50 publications privately*
- Remove all banner ads from your content
- Embed publications on your website with advanced customization
- Share your publications with a Fullscreen Reader link with advanced customization
- Add your brand logo and colors to your publications
- Access in-depth Statistics
- Sell your publications commission-free using Digital Sales
- Unlock advanced link options:
- Enable auto-detection of links
- Embed and auto-play videos in your publication
- Get advanced publication settings
- Schedule publications to publish later
- Enable downloads for readers
Upload your content in multiple ways
- Bulk upload your documents
- Gain API access for up to 10 uploads per month
* NOTE: If you purchased the subscription prior to the pricing changes in July 2023, you can still upgrade your Unlisted package by purchasing Unlisted add-on.
1. Unlimited Public Documents
Premium plan allows you to upload an unlimited number of publications that are publicly accessible, with each publication having a maximum of 5,000 pages and file size up to 500 MB. Additionally, you get the option to upload 50 Unlisted documents, which won’t be publicly visible. To learn more, please visit Unlisted content.
2. Banner Ad-Free Content
On the Premium plan, the document page of your publication is free of third-party ads. While sharing the Publication link with your audience is an option, we highly recommend using the Fullscreen Reader link for an enhanced, immersive reading experience. Alternatively, embed the publication directly on your website for seamless access for your readers.
3. Shareable Fullscreen Reader Link
By using the Fullscreen link, you can deliver an optimal reading experience with no distractions to your audience. On the Premium plan, you can customize your Fullscreen link by adjusting the starting page, background color, and more. To create a Fullscreen link from your content, please follow the steps in this help center article.
4. Embed Publications
With a Premium plan, easily enable readers to browse your content directly on your website. Generate an embed code on Issuu from any of your publications, then copy and paste it in the backend of your website or blog to keep your audience within your own content ecosystem. The 'Powered by Issuu' bar can be removed for a cleaner look and greater brand control. You can also customize additional settings such as starting page, background color, and more. To embed publications onto your website, please follow steps in this help center article.
Inspiration! See how The Perthshire Magazine embed their content on their website:
5. Detailed Statistics
On a Premium plan, you gain comprehensive insights into how your content is performing with Issuu Statistics. You get access to detailed analytics, including content and page-level metrics, link statistics, downloads, and data on reading devices and sources. Additionally, you gain a global perspective with an overview of readers around the world.
For a visual and easy-to-understand representation of your content’s performance, you can download these detailed statistics as a sleek PDF. Make informed decisions backed by data, and understand your audience better to tailor your content effectively.
To learn more about Issuu Statistics and individual metrics, have a look at Getting Started with Statistics.
6. Monetization Options (Digital Sales)
Monetize your content and keep all profits using Digital Sales on a Premium plan, whether as a subscription or single issues. All you need to do is set up a Stripe account and you're ready to provide your readers with a seamless reading experience on any device.
To learn more about Digital sales, have a look at Intro to Digital Sales - Selling Publications on Issuu or watch one of the recorded webinars.
Inspiration! See how Evie Kemp sells her digital book through Digital Sales.
7. Advanced Link Options
With Issuu, you can elevate your content's interactivity by adding clickable web, video, and shopping links directly into your publications. This feature enriches your audience’s reading experience and facilitates a deeper connection with your brand. For a step-by-step guide on how to add links to your content have a look at Adding Web, Video and Shopping Links to your Content.
- Enable auto-detection of links
On Premium plan you can enable auto-detection of links after uploading your content. Our system is able to detect any text that looks like a link or an email address in your publication and can automatically turn it into a clickable link. Although including the prefix of your URL (http(s) or www) is recommended for optimal detection, it's not mandatory.
- Embed videos directly into your publication
On the Premium plan, you can embed videos directly in Publication. You have the added benefit of setting videos to autoplay, ensuring they begin playing automatically as readers turn the pages. This feature enhances engagement and brings your content to life with dynamic, moving visuals.
Note: Videos have to be hosted either on Youtube or Vimeo and be publicly available.
Inspiration! See how Moe’s Home embed videos in their content.
8. Advanced Publishing Settings
Apart from standard settings, you also have additional options before publishing your content with a Premium plan:
- Schedule your content
On Premium plan, you can schedule your content to be published later. If you schedule your content, it will be accessible under SCHEDULED until it gets published.
- Enable downloads for readers
With the Premium plan, you can grant your readers the flexibility to download your content directly from Issuu.com, the Fullscreen Reader link, or an embedded publication on your website, enhancing accessibility and convenience for your audience.
Inspiration! See what the download option looks like on New Jersey Realtors publication.
To learn more about publication settings and how to enable scheduling and downloading, please have a look at Upload & Publish Your Content.
9. Advanced Uploading Options
With the Premium plan, you have the option to efficiently upload multiple documents at once or use our API for up to 10 monthly uploads. To bulk upload content, simply click on Upload and select all desired documents you want to upload to Issuu.
Issuu API documentation is available here.
Features available on all plans
Remember that there are additional features available on Issuu’s free basic plan, which you can also utilize on the Premium plan:
Issuu Link Editor
- Add hyperlinks
- Add videos to play in overlay
- Add shopping links
- Add go to page links
- Sharing via QR code
- Additional formats:
Additional Resources & Support
You can also register for any of our upcoming webinars, where you can ask any questions during the live session.
What happens if I cancel my Premium subscription?
When your Issuu plan is downgraded to Basic, our free plan, all paid features – like Embed, Fullscreen sharing, Unlisted publications, allowed document size, and more – will be deactivated. This will also occur if your subscription expires, resulting in an automatic transition to the Basic plan. For a detailed breakdown of the effects of downgrading, please read more here.
What is the difference between Premium plan and Starter plan?
Premium Plan includes all features of the Starter Plan. In contrast to the Starter plan, Premium plan also allows you to:
- Upload larger files - publications can be up 500 MB in size (on Starter plan, file size is only 100 MB) and up to 5,000 pages (Starter plan allows you only 500 pages).
- Unlisted publications - On Premium plan you can publish and host up to 50 publications privately. Starter plan allows you to publish only 5 Unlisted documents.
- Removal of banner ads - unlike on Starter plan, on Premium plan there are no 3rd party banner ads on the publication page
- Embeds and Fullscreen Link - on Premium plan you have more customization options for both of these features (including adding logo and background color). Starter enables only basic customization.
- Statistics - on a Premium plan you have full access to Statistics. Starter plan allows you to see only the past 30 days. Analytics on page and link performance is also limited on the Starter plan.
- Advanced linking options - on Premium plan, you can enable auto-detection of links and embed and auto-play videos in your publication. On Starter plan, you can add links to your content but the auto-detection of links and embedding videos directly on the page is not supported.
- Advanced publication settings - on Premium plan, you can enable downloading of your content or schedule publication to publish later. Neither of these options is available on the Starter plan.
- Digital Sales - on Premium plan you can sell your content. It is not possible to sell content on the Starter plan.
- API access - on Premium plan you gain access to API in order to upload up to 10 publications monthly. Starter plan doesn’t include API access.
- Bulk upload - if you are on Premium plan you can bulk upload documents on Issuu. This feature is not available on the Starter plan.
Why do I see advertisement around my publication?
With an Optimum plan, banner ads are consistently removed from the vicinity of your content.
Nevertheless, at the bottom of an Issuu document page, you'll find supplementary content that you've previously published, alongside related content from other publishers. It's important to note that this content is not classified as advertising.
In order to showcase content without additional documents (whether yours or published by other publishers), you can share the link to your content via Fullscreen Reader link or Embed the content directly onto your website.
For more information on this topic, please see ‘Removing Read More and Advertisements for Content’.
How can I publish documents privately?
On the Premium plan, you have the option to publish your content as Unlisted. Content that is Unlisted is not indexed on Google and is excluded from your public profile page on Issuu, as well as from the issuu.com search engine. Only the audience you share the content with will be able to access it.
Below are the steps to publish document as Unlisted:
1. When you upload content to Issuu, scroll down to Settings, select Unlisted
2. Click Publish
3. Once the content is published, it will appear in your Publication List. Unlisted content is tagged with a black Unlisted mark.
NOTE: Unlisted publications can be later on changed to Public. However if you set the Availability as Public first and publish the publication, you cannot change it to Unlisted later on because the content has already been indexed.
How can I remove the Issuu logo from my publications?
On the Premium plan, the 'Powered by Issuu' bar can be removed for a cleaner look and greater brand control from Embeds.
It is not possible to completely remove the Issuu logo from your publications on Premium plan. This option is only available on our Teams plan. Please see more details on the pricing of Teams plan here.