Issuu's Starter plan is suitable for individuals or small businesses who have basic digital publishing needs. If you don't need advanced customization or monetization options, this plan is a perfect fit. Here’s all you need to know about using your Starter plan to its fullest!
Table of content
Starter plan features
- Unlimited public documents, with each up to 500 pages and 100MB
- Shareable Full-Screen Reader Link with basic customization: start page, page layout, and page auto-flipping
- Embed publications on your website with basic customization: background color, start page, page layout, and page auto-flipping
1. Unlimited public documents
Starter plan allows you to upload an unlimited amount of publicly available publications. Each publication can be up to 500 pages and 100MB.
2. Shareable Full-Screen Reader Link
When sharing your publication on Starter plan, you can share your document via Full-Screen Reader Link instead of Publication link. By using the Full-Screen Link, you can deliver an optimal reading experience with no distractions to your audience. To create a Fullscreen link from your content, please follow the steps in this help center article.
Inspiration! See how Page Bond Gallery share their content through Fullscreen link:
You can have readers flip through your content right on your website with a Starter plan. Generate an embed code on Issuu from any of your publications, then copy and paste it in the backend of your website or blog to keep your audience within your own content ecosystem. To embed publications onto your website, please follow steps in this help center article.
Inspiration! See how Volunteer New York embed their content on their website:
Features available on all plans
Remember that there are additional features available on Issuu’s free Basic plan, which you can also utilize on the Starter plan:
Issuu Link Editor
- Add hyperlinks
- Add videos to play in overlay
- Add shopping links
- Add go to page links
- Sharing via QR code
- 30 days of Statistics (some views are limited and available only on higher plans)
- Additional formats:
Additional Resources & Support
You can also register for any of our upcoming webinars, where you can ask any questions during the live session.
Why do I still see ads?
With the Starter plan, your flipbook will be surrounded by third-party ads on the publication page on Issuu.To deliver an ad-free reading experience to your audience, share your content with Fullscreen Reader Link or embed the publication onto your website.
What is the difference between Premium plan and Starter plan?
Premium Plan includes all features of the Starter Plan. In contrast to the Starter plan, Premium plan also allows you to:
- Upload larger files - publications can be up 500 MB in size (on Starter plan, file size is only 100 MB) and up to 5,000 pages (Starter plan allows you only 500 pages).
- Unlisted publications - On Premium plan you can publish and host up to 50 publications privately. Starter plan allows you to publish only 5 Unlisted documents.
- Removal of banner ads - unlike on Starter plan, on Premium plan there are no 3rd party banner ads on the publication page
- Embeds and Fullscreen Link - on Premium plan you have more customization options for both of these features (including adding logo and background color). Starter enables only basic customization.
- Statistics - on a Premium plan you have full access to Statistics. Starter plan allows you to see only the past 30 days. Analytics on page and link performance is also limited on the Starter plan.
- Advanced linking options - on Premium plan, you can enable auto-detection of links and embed and auto-play videos in your publication. On Starter plan, you can add links to your content but the auto-detection of links and embedding videos directly on the page is not supported.
- Advanced publication settings - on Premium plan, you can enable downloading of your content or schedule publication to publish later. Neither of these options is available on the Starter plan.
- Digital Sales - on Premium plan you can sell your content. It is not possible to sell content on the Starter plan.
- API access - on Premium plan you gain access to API in order to upload up to 10 publications monthly. Starter plan doesn’t include API access.
Bulk upload - if you are on Premium plan you can bulk upload documents on Issuu. This feature is not available on the Starter plan.
What am I losing if I downgrade?
When your Issuu plan is downgraded to Basic, our free plan, all paid features – like Embed, Fullscreen sharing, Unlisted publications, allowed document size, and more – will be deactivated. This will also occur if your subscription expires, resulting in an automatic transition to the Basic plan. For a detailed breakdown of the effects of downgrading, please read more here.