Basic: 500 pages/100 MB
Starter: 500 pages/100 MB
Premium: 5000 pages/500 MB
Optimum: 5000 pages/2 GB
The Issuu reading experience is responsive, and will adapt to various screen sizes from desktops to mobile devices. This means that you can upload a document with any page dimensions. You can always upload your document as a draft which will give you the opportunity to check how your publication will appear before you publish it on Issuu.
Our most highly recommended file format is PDF, but we understand the need for others. Issuu supported file format include:
Word .doc, .docx
PowerPoint .ppt, .pptx
OpenOffice .ods, .odp, .odt, .sxw
Rich Text Format .rtf
Image resolution can be up to 150 dpi. Higher resolutions will be scaled down to suit web usage
If you have added links, then export the document as Interactive PDF
- Make sure that your document will open without problems in a desktop reader (e.g. Acrobat Reader or Preview)
- Make sure your file is not password protected
- Make sure user access is not restricted
- Ensure that your document allows printing and copying
- Select File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define
- Select New... and set Preset Name to Issuu Export Preset and Compatibility: Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5)
- General settings
- Optimize for Fast Web View: Enabled
- Create Tagged PDF: Enabled
- Export Layers: Visible layers
- Include Hyperlinks: Enabled
- Save your new Issuu Export Preset and use it to save content as PDF
- Press into the download icon in the upper right when you are ready to export your content from Canva
- Select “PDF Print” as the file type
- Any hyperlinks added in the content will automatically be added to the PDF, which can then be detected by Issuu
- Press “download” and head over to Issuu to start publishing
You can only add links and videos to your content after you have published your document. As a workaround, please publish your content as unlisted (every account gets at least 1 free unlisted), add in the necessary interactive content and publish the document as public once you are ready to go live.
You currently cannot make post publication edits at this time on Issuu. Once the publication has been uploaded on to Issuu, you cannot add/remove pages to the publication, edit the text or photos. In the case where you need to make post publication edits, we recommend going back to your original publication pdf and adding in necessary edits before re-uploading the publication on to Issuu again.
One of your pages may be too complex (contain too many vector objects).
To troubleshoot, follow these steps:
- Identify these complex pages by observing which ones load slowly in a PDF reader
- Remove these pages and upload a test to see if conversion succeeds
- Simplify the design of the complex pages or flatten them to bitmap graphics
If your page does not have crisp text, please ensure that:
- You do not have any images/graphics overlapping in the text. This includes semi- or full-transparent images/graphics. For example, putting text under the transparent part of an image of a circle, might cause trouble with how the text looks. To fix this, please re-arrange the layers in your document so the text is on top (even when the text is not visibly overlapped by anything).
- You did not export your text as outlines
- If you are uploading a PDF document, the text is selectable when you open the document in Adobe Reader. If the text is not selectable, it is an indication that it will not be rendered crisp on Issuu.
- The text is inserted as text, and not as an image (for example as an advertisement). If it is inserted as an image, the text will not always be as crisp when zoomed in as in the original document
If you have problems with text, images or another part of your layout, please see below steps:
- Try a different PDF version (e.g. v 1.3) or a different PDF printer
- Replace your vector graphics with bitmaps
- If your text is bleeding through, you are using an unsupported layout feature (e.g. soft masks). Please use a different layout feature or replace that page/item with bitmap graphics
- If images are not showing, they are probably inserted in the content using unsupported features (e.g. frames/forms), so try to simplify or flatten your layout
Please check if your links are prefixed with either www. or http(s)://
Watch our walkthrough for setting up our groups feature here.
Please contact our billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your account to a new username/URL.
Issuu works on latest two versions of all major browsers like:
NOTE: Issuu also supports Internet Explorer 11 but some features might not work perfectly on it.
If you upload your document as a single-page spread, our system will automatically convert it into a 2-page spread. If you upload your content as a 2-page spread, it will convert into a 4-page spread--a format that we don’t recommend for uploading. Please do not upload your pages one by one.