June 28, 2018
Removal of Support for TLS protocol versions 1.0 and 1.1
Issuu support for TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 is being discontinued on June 30, 2018.
Issuu users need to upgrade to TLS 1.2 or later. This include agent browsers. This upgrade is mandatory to ensure system security and PCI compliance.
What does this mean?
If you are already using up-to-date browser version and mobile OSs, then you are on TLS 1.2 or later. And you don’t have to worry about anything.
After discontinuation, Issuu will no longer address bugs and issues specific to TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 connections. Connections attempting to use these versions will fail and you will be unable to use Issuu.
March 30, 2018
Fixed: The search function on both our desktop and app experience is running slowly today (you might see a continuous spinning Issuu logo).
March 16, 2018
Update- the issue with our navigation was resolved at 11:15am PST.
Original issue reported at 9:30am PST. Our navigation header is down. We are aware of the problem and the team is currently working on a fix. To sign into Issuu, you can go directly to: https://issuu.com/signin. To publish, you can go directly to: https://issuu.com/publish.
February 21, 2018
New: On March 21, Issuu is adjusting our free Basic plan to more accurately reflect the value users get from features on the platform. Starting March 21, the following features will be available only on our Premium plan:
- Download access: ability to allow readers to download your publications (your existing publications will be affected)
- Multi-upload capability: ability to bulk upload multiple documents at the same time
- Publication statistics: ability to view publication and page-level statistics, including reads, read times and impressions for each of your publications
We know you might feel frustrated with our decision to restrict downloads, multi-uploads and publication statistics to our paid plans, but we hope you understand that it will only give us more opportunity to improve our product and ensure your long-term success. Basic publishers will still be able to see lifetime statistics, embed publications anywhere and use social sharing tools like our GIF generator and Section Sharing.
In order to continue using these features, you should act now and upgrade to Premium. With Premium, you’ll have access to the features you currently use, plus page-level statistics, our Shareable Full-Screen Reader, no ads next to your publications and tons more.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
February 5, 2018
Fixed: We resolved the recent issue where users received follow notifications from spam accounts.
January 10, 2018
Fixed: The problem we were experiencing with the site has been fixed.
December 20, 2017
New: Your profile now shows your publications by original publish date, not upload date. Plus, you can edit the date in the publication settings.
November 16, 2017
New: Improved link extraction and detection. Make sure that inks are prefixed with either www. or http(s)://
October 17, 2017
New: Digital Sales now available. Sell digital copies and subscriptions of your publication through Issuu. More details here.
August 21, 2017
Fixed: We resolved the issue where you couldn't view newly uploaded publications. More details here.
August 15, 2017
- Add Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest links to your Issuu profile, so other users can follow you across the web.
- Click the rectangular "View Larger" icon in the bottom right of a publication on issuu.com to view the publication larger without going into full screen. Great for multiple open tabs!
- The issuu.com reading experience has a light, new look since we changed the background color palette from dark grays to light grays and white.
- New tabbed navigation in our Android and iOS apps means less work for your fingers.
May 31, 2017
Updated: The newly redesigned Issuu Find in Publication feature lets you quickly search for text in any Issuu publication. Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner of a publication to try it out.
May 22, 2017
Updated: We redesigned our pricing page to make it easier to understand the different features in our publisher subscription plans.
April 5, 2017
New: Ability to download a .csv of a publication’s stats, including reads, impressions, time spent and more, is now offered on Premium and Optimum plans. Look for the download button below the lifetime stats on an individual publication's statistics page.
April 3, 2017
- All Issuu publications shared on Twitter now have improved navigation controls, including links for publisher info, sharing and download.
- Improved rendering of images and text in uploaded publications to address sporadic issues with blurry text, missing text and missing images.
March 23, 2017
- Ability to generate new keys to access to the Issuu API (formerly a feature on our free Basic plan), is now available only on Premium and Optimum plans. Publishers on the Basic plan can continue to use any previously generated API keys. Learn more.
- Ability to view page-level statistics for a publication, formerly a feature on our free Basic plan, is now available only on Premium and Optimum plans. Learn more.
- Priority support is now offered on Premium and Optimum plans. Learn more.