A GIF, or moving image file, can help your content stand out in new eye-catching ways. With Issuu’s Share as GIF tool, it’s easy to create, customize and share your publication as an animated GIF — perfect for social media or email!
Here is how to create one:
1. From your Publication List click the 'Share' link on the publication you want displayed in the email.
2. In the popup window click the blue 'Share as GIF' link.
3. In the GIF wizard you can customize how you want the publication to display. Including background color and which spreads to include in the animation.
NOTE: If you want to create a GIF of a for sale publication, the pages that aren't included in the preview will be blurry. To update the preview pages (visible pages of the publication), go to the SELL SETTINGS and reselect the preview spreads.
4. Click the red DOWNLOAD button under the preview.
5. In the popup window click DOWNLOAD VIDEO or the bottom blue 'Download as .gif file instead' link. Please note that the DOWNLOAD VIDEO works only in Chrome browser at the moment.
6. If you choose to DOWNLOAD VIDEO you can either right click to download the video or can click on the download icon in the player. If you choose Download as gif file, then you will get GIF URL which can be used to share e.g. on Facebook.
NOTE: The GIF is 900 x 900 pixels. If you need to resize the GIF, you can use a third party site such as ezGIF.
Create a GIF using the Issuu App
You can also create and download the GIF using the Issuu app:
1. Go to your Publication List.
2. Locate the publication.
3. Click on blue SHARE AS A GIF button.
4. Here you can customize how you want the publication to display.
5. Once you are done, click Share.
6. You will be offered several options to share the GIF.
You will be able to share the GIF directly on variety of other apps, however you can also Save a video and the GIF will be saved in your Photos from where you can easily share it on Instagram and Facebook.