With a Premium or Optimum publisher plan, you can sell your content as single issues or a subscription. Readers who buy a subscription will pay you in advance to automatically receive access each time you publish a new issue.
The subscription works similarly to subscriptions of print publications: Customers pay in advance for the current and upcoming issues. The subscription duration on Issuu is based on number of issues not on time (such as one year).
Subscribers start their subscription with the latest publication and get a new issue when you add another issue to the subscription. When a new issue is added, the previous issue(s) are only available as single purchases.
You will be able to customize the number of issues in the subscription and the price. You can also let your readers know your publishing frequency and how often you plan to launch each new issue.
NOTE: At the moment it is possible to create one subscription only. Therefore if you offer more titles under one account, you would need to decide which one of them should be offered as a subscription.
- First, make sure you have a Premium or Optimum publisher plan. You can sign up here
- Before you create a subscription, you need to set up a publication for sale
NOTE: You can set up the publication for single sale or include it in existing subscription from here. To include the publication in subscription, check the box INCLUDE IN SUBSCRIPTION.
- Log in and go to Sales section of your publisher dashboard
- Click CREATE SUBSCRIPTION button
- Here you can set up the number of issues included in subscription
- Under Subscription Duration you can select the publishing frequency, so your subscribers know how often they get a new issue
- If none of the options matches your publishing frequency, select OTHER
- You can also set the price of the subscription
- Once you set up your subscription, it’s time to share and promote your for-sale content to your audience.
Your subscription is set! Every reader who purchases the subscription now will receive the current issue and the upcoming ones until they reach the subscribed amount of issues.
NOTE: If you set the subscription frequency, remember to add the new issues to the subscription on this basis. Every time you put a new issue for sale as a part of the subscription, the subscriber will receive this new issue under their subscription.