Everyone has content to share. Whether it’s a magazine, lookbook, brochure, or other PDF marketing asset, the Issuu Publish extension lets you upload your content right away on your Issuu account.
From the document creation on InDesign to a seamless upload experience to Issuu.
How to use the plugin:
Connecting your Issuu account
After you have created your document on InDesign you will be able to upload it right away to your Issuu account, by following these steps:
- Create/ open your Document in InDesign;
Note: kindly remember to save your InDesign file on your device, before uploading/publishing it to your Issuu account.
- Under Window -> Extensions, select Issuu – Publish a document
- Now you will need to connect to your Issuu account.
Click on “Connect to Issuu”.
- After clicking to connect your Issuu account, a new tab will open on your browser, asking you to log in to Issuu.
Please follow the steps below:
a) Click on the Issuu logo:
b) Add your details to log in to your Issuu account, and click on the “connect” button:
c) After clicking on “Connect” you will see a pop-up window informing you about the Integration permissions.
If you agree, then please click “Accept”.
d) You have successfully connected to your Issuu account!
You may return to InDesign.
Publishing your document
- Now that you have connected your Issuu account you are one step closer to publishing your document on Issuu.
On InDesign you will see a window where you can:
a) “Open draft on Issuu”;
b) Or “Publish now”.
c) if you wish, you can also enable some features:
- AVAILABILITY - here you can choose if you want to make your content Public, so it's available everywhere on the web, or Unlisted, which means that only readers with the link can see the content;
- PUBLICATION TYPE;
- DETECTED LINKS - You can enable detected links as part of the Premium and Optimum subscriptions. Learn more about what type of links can be detected here;
- DOWNLOADS - with a Premium or Optimum subscription you can make your content downloadable on Issuu.com and in your embeds
- BACKDATE - setting a backdate will affect the order of your content on your Publication List and on your profile page.
- The document can be published once you have confirmed that you own the rights to the publication and other rights, to distribute this content publicly. (screenshot below)
- All your published contents are available in the PUBLISHED section under Publications on your Issuu account.