A few weeks ago, we shared about a big redesign of the core issuu reading experience we were working on, a new reading experience that would make it easier to read and discover issuu publications on any device.
We’re proud to announce the launch of this new reading experience, now available on issuu.com! In the next week or so, we’ll make it available for issuu publications embedded on other sites, blogs and social channels.
Here’s an example of an embedded publication with the new look and feel. You can also learn more about the redesign on our blog.
In this article you can read about:
- What's new
- Feature differences between the current issuu and the new issuu
- Temporarily disabled functionality
- Removed functionality
- Previous Updates
- Updated, clean page layout to make it easier to read
- Crystal-clear text and vibrant images
- More prominent and tailored suggestions to help readers discover new content
- Superb on any screen size and from any browser because it’s all built in HTML5.
- Twice as fast and no more Flash plugin problems — again, thanks HTML5.
Feature differences between the current issuu and the new issuu
When we set out on this redesign, we wanted to make sure we didn't just change the superficial looks of the existing experience, but really, truly improved how people read and discover content on issuu. Along the way, we removed some features that we found in our research weren't essential to most people.
We also decided we wanted to share the new issuu with you sooner rather than later, even if it means temporarily disabling old features at launch.
Temporarily disabled functionality
- Reader Clips
- Searching inside a publication
- Ability to create an embed code from the reading experience. Publishers can still create an embed code from the Publication List.
- Link to print a publication from the reading experience. Publishers can still print a publication from their publication list when logged into issuu.
- Ability to see thumbnails for a bird’s-eye-view of a publication. You'll see a snappier, faster slider instead.
- Ability for readers to choose between single-page spreads and double-page spreads when viewing a publication on issuu.com. We’ll be adding a setting soon for publishers to select the default page spread for a publication on issuu.com.
- Clip statistics. The Publisher statistics will no longer have Clip statistics, as Clip has been disabled for now. Statistics for clicks on publisher-created links (link-out) will still be available.
-- Previous Updates --
October 14th, 2016 - Testing the new issuu
A small portion of people visiting isuuu.com will see the new experience, as we test it out to make sure it works seamlessly for our readers and publishers.
October 7th, 2016 - Page flip enabled
The new reading experience is now showing a new page flip effect. Just browse the publication to get the experience.
July 4th, 2016 — Fullscreen enabled
Fullscreen reading now shows the new issuu experience. Just click or tap the fullscreen icon in the embed and you will be taken to a fullscreen experience without leaving the page you are on. Fullscreen works in most desktop browsers without flash player and on Android as well. For browsers that don’t support fullscreen (primarily Safari on iOS), a fullscreen reader will be opened in a new tab.