In the next few days, reader Clips (those orange outlines and icons you might see on publications) will no longer be displayed.
Although publishers love the beautiful reading experience issuu offers readers and were happy with the reader engagement shown with Clip, the orange outlines and icons cluttered their content and removed the focus from the publication.
What this means for readers
- Readers will still be able to create Clips to share content on social media from the issuu website and from embedded publications (provided the publisher has not disabled reader Clips for their publication).
- They’ll still be able to see the history of their Clips under Feed > Activity when they are logged into issuu.com.
What this means for publishers
- Publisher web, video and in-publication links will still be displayed, although comments will no longer be displayed.
- Publishers can still find the statistics for Clips under Publisher Tools > Statistics when they log into issuu.com.
- Publishers on the Premium plan will still have the option to disable readers’ ability to use Clip on embedded or Shareable Full-Screen Reader of your publications.
- Reader comments will not be shown.
Let us know what you think about this change in the Community Forums.