To publish on issuu you just need to upload your documents. Please be aware, that you cannot combine pages once you have uploaded the pages to issuu. You have to combine the pages to form a book beforehand, and then upload the book to issuu.
Follow our step-by-step instructions below on how to upload your document.
How to upload your publication
1. Sign up for an issuu account to host your publications under.
2. Once you're logged in, click the 'Upload' button or simply drag your file(s) into any open issuu browser window. If you use the drag and drop method, you can upload up to 20 publications at a time.
3. Add the title of your publication, a short description and the original publishing date of the document. You can check the preview button so readers know that the publication is a preview version (please note that you cannot remove the preview setting after the publication is published). You can also enable downloads for the publication by selecting the 'Allow download' checkbox.
4. Under "Publication Visibility" you can choose to make your document public or keep it as unlisted.
5. You can also schedule your publication for a later publishing date, if you are on the Premium or Optimum plan (or on the legacy Plus plan - only available to publishers already subscribed to it).
5. Once you've made your selections, click on the green 'Publish Now' button to publish your publication.
We will now automatically convert your uploaded file to a nice issuu publication. You can start using your publication right away and see it in "Publisher Tools".
What kind of documents can I upload?
You can upload most common document files, including PDF, DOC, PPT, RTF, WPD, ODT, and more.
- On the Free or legacy Pro plan: Documents can be up to 100MB and less than 500 pages.
- On the legacy Plus plan: Documents can be up to 250MB and 500 pages.
- On the Premium or Optimum plan: Documents can be up to 500MB and 5000 pages.
The conversion service offered for both Free and Paid accounts is currently the same.
If you encounter upload problems please refer to this guide.
NOTE: If you're using InDesign to create your publication, you can download this issuu Export Preset and add it to your presets to ensure that during the export process, your PDF is issuu-ready.
I have a problem with conversion
Normally conversion is a smooth process. Should you encounter conversion problems please take a look at our Conversion problems article, as it has information on the most common problems that can occur after uploading your publication and how to prevent them when creating your document.